A Favor For Those Who Deserve It.

"You're a monster act like one,"  a voice commanded.

"I'm half monster," I retorted, "screw you."

Something hard hit my face.  My body went limp.  I was only a child at the time.  More hits followed, I was too weak to protect myself.   I curled up allowing myself to be beaten.  Apparently these demons assumed beating the crap out of me over and over would make me angry.  Well, it did.  But I never resorted to using powers like they wanted me to.  The only one out of hundreds who refused to do as they wanted.  They told me it was scary at first.  But once you start using the powers it got easier.  And most of the others ended up enjoying it.  But me, I didn't want any part of it.

"Everyone will see you as a monster.  Stop pretending you're some normal kid."

"I am not what you want me to be," my voice resonated, "I never will be. Ever."

Location Unknown
Time unknown

My body shot up as I suddenly gasped for air.  Every muscle in my body felt weak.  Immense pain resonated from shoulder.  I looked around nervously.  The memories flowed back into my head.  Miami, demons, the accident, the one demon who died, all of it.  I rubbed my forehead with a heavy sigh.

"You gonna let me finish?" Dean asked.

"Huh?" I looked over at him.  He had a small knife in his hand.  My eyes traced down my shoulder.  That's right, the one demon shot me.  That was rude of them.  I looked back to Dean, "what are you doing?"

"Trying to get a bullet out of your shoulder.  You were out so I figured I could try to remove it while you were asleep."

"You'd have better luck with me awake.  Got something to drink?"  I asked.

He handed me a bottle of cheap liquor.  I didn't look at what it was, I didn't care to know.  I drank a good portion of the bottle.  I handed back to him.  My lips twisted at the burning sensation of the liquor.  Dean smirked.

"So used to fancy stuff? Welcome to the hunter's life," he laughed.

"Just get this bullet out," I groaned.

My face winced slightly. It stung as I could feel the metal of the knife dig into my shoulder.  The tip of the knife scratched against the bullet.  The blade wedged beneath the bullet.  I could feel it slowly moving its way from the muscle it had lodged into.  With a swift movement it moved out of my body.  Dean pulled the tiny bullet from my shoulder as I felt a relief.  He handed me some gauze that I pressed against the open wound.

"How are you able to sit so calmly through that?" he asked.

"Been through worse, I guess."

"Oh."

"Hey don't feel bad for me.  I'm the monster here, right?" I  forced a smile.

"I shouldn't have said that, ____.  Sam was mad at me.  He was wrapped up in that demon blood thing."

"You mean-"

"Yeah, I know you know what that means."

"Dean, if it's any consolation, I was one out of hundreds.  Everyone else gave in.  I didn't.  Maybe it was because my mother was human.  They told me about her all the time.  How she was too weak.  That I should use these powers to strengthen myself.  But that never appealed to me.  Guess I'm a strange thing after all."

"That kind of makes me like you more."

"What?" I laughed.

"I didn't mean that."