Chapter 10: Sunflare's Betrayal

I woke up the next morning to yowls of pain and angry outside my den. I jumped up and rushed out into the clearing to smell Sunclan everywhere. They had surprised attacked us as we were all sleeping. I saw Sunblaze's pelt in the mess of cats. I rushed into the fray and jumped on top of him as he went to attack Icepaw.

"What are you doing Sunflare?!" I hissed sharply.

"What does it look like? I'm fighting with my clan."

"What have we done?!" I yelled.

"We need more territory, the twolegs are getting closer to us every day." I froze.

"Twolegs..." He went to slash out at me.

"Sorry Frostmeadow, but you'll only get in the way if you fight here." I felt a sting in my cheek as he slashed it roughly. I watched as he disappeared into the fray once more and I sensed someone behind me. I turned and saw Groundgasher advancing towards me.

"Are you going to kill me?" I hissed.

"If that's what it takes to drive you out." I jumped on top of him and bite down on his shoulder. He threw me off quickly and jumped on top of me as his claw rested on my throat.

"Don't make me do this Frostmeadow." He hissed sharply.

"Then don't, no one is making you, Groundgasher." I said just as sharply back. His claws cut into my throat and I started coughing and struggling from the pain.

"Frostmeadow!" Frostclaw knocked him off of me and I jumped to my feet wobbly.

"We have to leave." Riverbreeze stated as we saw the advancing Sunclan cats. I then saw in the crowd Snowstar on the ground, she had lost one of her lives as she started breathing heavily. I saw Meadowstar standing over her. She went to strike out, when I rushed as fast as I could and tackled Meadowstar into the rocks.

"I won't give up! I WON'T LOSE MY HOME TO YOU!" I slashed my claws down on her throat and she struggled against me. She gave maybe three more thrashes and then went limp. I backed away from her when I realized what I had done. The fighting had stopped as the cats turned and stared in shock. I shook as I waited for her to come back to live, but she never moved. Meadowstar was dead.

"Meadowstar is dead!" Someone howled out and the Sunclan cats started backing away. But Sunflare came out of nowhere and clawed my side. I backed away as I saw the angry in his eyes.

"Sunflare..."

"You killed Meadowstar!" He said sharply. This wasn't my brother, he was something twisted.

"I did, but I didn't want to kill her. She was going to kill Snowstar, that's mom's mother!" I said sharply and he flinched a little. "Have you forgotten who you are Sunflare?! You wouldnt be here if it weren't for Snowstar or Meadowstar for that matter. But yet here you are attacking us, you never even tried asking or tried explaining you just lashed out at us. Could you handle killing Lightkit? Icystorm? Me? Because from what it seems like you have no problem turning your back on family." That's when he slashed my eye. I yowled out in pain and collapsed to the ground. I couldn't see out of my eye.

"Oh god Frostmeadow...I..."

"Sunflare let's go!"

"I'm sorry... I didn't..." I blacked out shortly afterwards. I opened my eyes to see I still couldn't see out of my one eye. I slowly got to my feet and saw Frostclaw helping everyone.

"What can I do?" I asked him as I padded over.

"Icepaw needs some poppy seeds and Icystorm needs some bandages for his side." I nodded and got the herbs. I went to Icepaw first and she thanked me before gulping down the seeds. Then I went to Icystorm and he looked at me sadly.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you, Frostmeadow." I shook my head.

"I never thought he would attack me like that, but I guess I was wrong..." I patched up his wound and went to walk away.

"You should know, you saved Snowstar's life. Thank you." I nodded.

"It's the way of a Medicine Cat." I went towards Frostclaw when Snowstar called everyone to the Riverstone.

"Sunclan has attacked us and we have been left with a choice. To attack once we have healed or let them continue to attack us left and right." I frowned. This must have been what my dream had meant. I should have told Sunflare when I had the chance, maybe he would have told me about the Twolegs then.

Cats were arguing saying that we should have attacked them right away and not let them run away like the cowards they were or something along those lines. I sighed and turned away from everyone. Frostclaw looked at me as I passed him on my way to the Medicine Cat Den.

"Frostmeadow?" I turned my head and saw Snowstar standing there after calling off the meeting.

"Yes?"

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine, just can't see out of my eye." I stated.

"Maybe we shouldn't provoke Sunclan, but there's nothing more we can do if they intend to continue attacking us." I shook my head.

"My brother said something about Twolegs driving them out of their territory." She frowned as well.

"That doesn't mean we have to give up our territory either."

"I agree."

"Maybe we will have to leave, find a new place to call home..." I muttered and she looked at me shocked.

"We can't make everyone leave."

"Think about it, Snowstar. There must be something we can do that doesn't throw us all into battle more. Maybe leaving and finding home somewhere else is the best thing for everyone." I explained and she shook her head.

"I will not send everyone out on a death mission. I trust you Frostmeadow, but I need more than just some words." I sighed and she walked away without anything else to say. I went to my nest once more and closed my eye.

Go to where the moon and sun meet and there you will find the new home you seek. The Stars shall guide you on your way to paradise.