4. Angel?

"Judge tenderly, if you must. There is usually a side you have not heard, a story you know nothing about, and a battle waged that you are not having to fight."  – Traci Lea LaRussa

• Picture above is Axel •

************************************************

The beam of light shining through the curtains, right into my eyes woke me up from the best sleep I've had in months. I tried rolling to my side that was in the opposite direction of the window, in an effort to return to my blissful sleep, but then a realization hit me like a ton of bricks. My eyes shot open and I come face to face with the alarm clock sitting on the nightstand.

"No, no, no!" I repeated, trying to get out of the jungle of blankets.

I set an alarm for 7:30 in the morning! How the hell did I sleep through it? It was already 12:45 in the afternoon! I rushed out of bed, panicking. But of course, me being the klutz I am, my foot was still tangled in the sheets and it sent me falling onto the hard floor with a thump.

"Ouch," I mumbled to myself, untangling my foot from the cover.

Not having the time to lay on the floor, I quickly jumped up, slightly limping because I somehow hurt my ankle in the great escape from my bed. I pulled off the grey T-Shirt that I had slept in and tossed it over my head, landing somewhere on the floor.

I'll clean that up later.

Pushing open the sliding door on the closet, I let out a quiet gasp. I was starstruck, to say the least. The amount of clothes hanging perfectly color-coded on hangers had me in awe. I've never seen so many clothes in one place before, well only in stores.

I shook my head, we don't have time for this.

I grabbed a thin black, long-sleeved shirt off a random hanger and quickly put it on. I saw a pair of folded jeans laying on one of the shelves inside the closet, I tried searching for a size tag but to no avail.

"It'll have to do," I mumbled.

Looking back over at the clock my heart sunk. It was now 12:55 and I had done nothing. I swallowed hard. Maybe I'll get lucky and everyone was still fast asleep, but I knew that was just wishful thinking. With a house filled with so many people, there was bound to be at least one person already awake.

Pushing the thoughts from my head, I gathered my pair old black and white knockoff brand of Converse. I've had this shoe for three? Maybe four years now. I quickly slipped them on, I was grateful that I had a pair of clean socks to wear with them.

Not bothering to brush my hair, I practically sprinted out the door. In fact, I was in such a hurry that I didn't pay attention to the wall that I had just ran into, causing me, for the second time in the past 15 minutes to land on the ground.

"Watch where you're going." The wall barked.

I looked up in confusion, have I finally lost it? Was this wall actually communicating with me? That's when I noticed that I indeed did not run into a ran but rather, a really unamused Axel.

I suddenly felt small under his glare. His dark eyes narrowed on me, waiting for me to reply, which made me even more nervous.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, intimidated by him.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes and went to turn away, but stop and turned to me again.

"Oh, by the way, the next time you decide to set an alarm to make sure you turn that shit off." I could almost feel the venom coming from his words.