8. Mr. PDA.

"Heaven can be found in the most unlikely corners."

- Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven

• Picture above is Morgan Price •

************************************************

"I'll walk you to the office so you can pick up your schedule," Rylan spoke next to me, guiding me through the narrow hallways.

This school was nothing like the schools back in New York. It was tiny in comparison and there are far fewer people.

The lockers were all painted the same cherry red color with a small silver padlock placed on every single one.

I received many curious glances seeing as this is such a small school everyone is probably well-acquainted and I stick out like a sore thumb.

I followed Rylan around the school, making our way to the office. I tried to ignore the whispers of the other students as we passed them.

"Who is she?" I heard a girl say to her friend that was standing next to her.

I turned my head to look at the blonde headed girl who had just spoken, both she and her friend was now staring me down. I quickly looked away from them and focused my attention on Rylan's back once again.

As we neared the office I noticed the big black letters that were embedded on the wall. In some sort of fancy font, the wall read: "Welcome to Irvine High School, Home of the beloved Falcons."

So I guess I'm Falcon now. Not my favorite type of bird, but at least it sounded cool.

Rylan grabbed and opened the office door and we both walked in.

"Ahh Mr. Summers, what a pleasant surprise. " The secretary greeted Rylan as we entered.

"Hey, Donna." He smiled kindly at her.

"How's your dog?" He asked.

"Bailey is doing just fine, thanks to you of course." Donna looks up at him gratefully.

"It was no problem, I couldn't just walk away when he was caught, tangled up in the fence." Rylan shook his head dismissively.

I stood quietly behind Rylan as he talked to the secretary, I guess he had saved her dog or something along those lines, I wasn't really paying attention.

"This is Mia Morrison, It's her first day here."  I perked up at the sound of my name and looked over at both of them.

"Oh yes! You are the transfer student from New York! Rose called and told me to be expecting you." Donna spoke cheerfully. If Donna was a color she'd be a bumblebee yellow.

"It's nice to meet you." I offered her a smile that she gladly returned.

"The pleasure is all mine." She told me.

"I've taken a look at your grade cards from your previous schools and it seems you do exceeding well in school, despite the fact you've constantly have gotten reroute to new schools." Donna babbled.

She was right though. I actually do very well in school. I've always looked at school as a way to escape my real life, at least for eight hours a day that is.