17. Trouble.

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

- Mahatma Gandhi

************************************************

I stretched my arms, a yawn escaping my mouth. I rubbed my eyes tiredly and looked over at the clock, it was 6 o'clock in the morning. I woke up thirty minutes before my alarm for school usually goes off.

That's a first.

I slipped the warm blankets off my body and immediately felt naked even though I was still wearing the same clothes that I wore yesterday. I looked down at myself confused, I usually wore pajamas to bed.

I brushed my thoughts away and got out of bed and walked over to the closet, well, let me rephrase that, I tried to walk to my closet. I took three steps and tripped over a body sleeping on my floor.

What the heck?

"Watch where the hell you're going," Axel mumbled tiredly.

"Axel? You better have a damn good reason why you're sleeping on my floor." I couldn't help the anger that filled my voice, I still wasn't over everything he said to me.

"Like I could leave you alone in here after what happened." He said just as angry, sitting up in his pallet on the ground.

Instantly remembering what happened my head snapped to the window that the unidentified man climbed out of last night. My heart raced all over again, it could have gone so much worse than it did. So many questioned filled my brain like who was that person? What were they looking for? Or worse, how long have they been sneaking into my room?

"You slept there all night?" I asked, my anger fading.

"Yeah." He grunted, not looking at me.

"You didn't need to do that," I told him truthfully.

"I know." He stated.

I was taken back, I stared at Axel with my eyebrows furrowed. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't figure him out. It was moments like this where I think there is more to Axel, I think maybe he can't be all bad.

"You kept screaming in your sleep, I couldn't leave you like that." He spoke, finally looking at me.

I looked down at my socks embarrassed, I knew my nightmares were coming back but I didn't know they were that bad. In totally honestly, I don't remember anything that happened past standing in the hallway with Axel. I faintly remember Axel calling Rylan upstairs and them two bickering at each other but I don't remember going to bed or even what nightmare I had.

"And I figured you wouldn't be comfortable with me sleeping with you so I slept here." He stated, getting standing up.

Well, he was right about one thing, I definitely wouldn't have been okay with that.

"Thank you." I looked up at him.

We both stood there staring at each other for a good twenty seconds before I forced myself to look away from him. Axel's eyes always had a way to make me feel lost looking into them, they were so intense and alluring.

I could feel my face go pale when I watch Axel pick up his blankets and my journal fell from the tangle of covers. I instantly searched the bookcase and sure enough, my journal was missing.

"How much of this did you read!" I seethed, grabbing the book off the floor. My body started shaking violently, I wasn't sure if I should feel scared or angry.