7. Colors.

"The mind wears the colors of the soul, as a valet those of his master."
- Sophie Swetchine

************************************************

Sometimes I see people as colors. For example, when I look at Wyatt I see stars, energy, I see happiness, I see yellow. But when I look at Angelo, I see navy blue, maybe that's because he has such a calming effect on the people around him, but yet there is this dark depressed cloud that lingers over him.

When I first met Rylan at the airport the youthful and adventurous vibe that leaks out of him screamed orange, kind of like a sunset or a bonfire. As I talked to Camila on my first day I moved in I decided she was red, but not any type of red, she was a fiery red. The type of red that was filled with passion and excitement. While Indy, on the other hand, was the complete opposite, she was simplistic, innocent, pure even. She was white.

When I see Phoenix I think of brown, not a dirty brown but more of a warm, wholesome brown. And with Kina I see a wine colored purple, the girl just looked like royalty ran in her veins.

But as I looked across the kitchen table at Axel, I didn't see just one color. I saw them all. I looked at him inquisitively, how is that even possible? I watched the colors fly around him, getting lost in them. How could one person be more than one color?

"Are you nervous for your first day?" Rylan whispered next to me, he probably noticed my dazed state.

"No, not really," I told him. "I'm used to it by now." I continued.

Which for the record, was a lie. I was extremely nervous but I didn't want to worry him.

"Good, you shouldn't be." He sent me a boyish smile that made me swoon a tiny bit on the inside.

Why am I like this?

"I'm going to school," Axel grumbled, getting up from the table, and putting his bowl that he was just eating cereal out of into the sink and walked out the front door.

I still have yet to decide what color he was.

"We should probably be going too, we wouldn't our dear Mia being late her first day now would we?" Wyatt said grabbing his backpack and slinging it over his shoulders.

"I'll take you to school," Rylan informed me, placing his hand in the middle of my back.

I just nodded my head, I didn't really like his hand being on my back but I let it go.

"How are we all going to fit in your car?" I wondered, looking up to Rylan.

"Phoenix drives Wyatt and Indy to school before he goes to work and Kina drives the twins." He informed, gently pushing me out the door.

I followed him outside to the driveway, the chilly Colorado morning wind smacking against my skin. I watched as Rylan pushed unlock on his keys, the car beeped indicating it had opened.

"What kind of car do you have?" I asked him, looking at the white car in front of me.

"It's a Mercedes Coupe." He answered, opening the passenger side door.

"Now get your cute self in the car, Petal." He insisted.

I climb in, the black leather seats made the car look even more boujee than it did before.

"Really Rylan, you need to stop with the nicknames," I told him, not impressed.

"I could." He stated. "But where would be the fun in that?" Rylan smirked at me and started the car.