5. Stories Unfolding.

"But there's a story behind everything. How a picture got on a wall. How a scar got on your face. Sometimes the stories are simple, and sometimes they are hard and heartbreaking. But behind all your stories is always your mother's story, because hers is where yours begin."

- Mitch Albom

• Picture above is Angelo •

************************************************

Sometimes I sit around thinking about how my life would have turned out if my mother was still alive. If she was there to tuck me in when I was little, or if she would have been there to see my eighth birthday. There are so many unspoken words that now will forever be unspoken.

I wish I had told her I loved her more, and that I'm not angry anymore about her not letting me go to Thea Martin's seventh birthday party. I now know she was just trying to protect me because Thea's family was known for dealing drugs. I would tell her I missed hearing the sound of her voice or contagious laugh. I'd tell her how incredibly strong she is for hanging on for as long as she did. But most of all I'd thank her for being apart of my life for those seven years.

"Penny for your thoughts?" A deep voice spoke with a thick Hispanic accent.

I looked over to see Angelo had taken a seat next to me on the couch, I didn't really like the fact that he chose the seat right next to me when there was a whole couch, but I let it go. I was currently sitting downstairs in the living room, bored out of mind. There was literally nothing to do, I've done the dishes, wiped the counters twice, and swiped the floor. The house was spotless trust me I would know, I rechecked 5 times.

His voice startled me, I was too deep in my own head I hadn't even notice Angelo's had entered the same room as me.

"It's nothing," I said shortly, offering him a small smile so he didn't think I was being rude.

"It was definitely something but if you don't want to talk about it, I understand." He nodded his head.

I just nodded my hand, thankful he was willing to drop it.

"No problem Cariño." He spoke, I had no clue what he had just said but it sounded lovely coming from his mouth.

"I think I'm going to lose my mind if I sit here any longer." I blurted out, looking down at the maroon carpet.

"Why? what's wrong?" Angelo furrows his eyebrows, looking over at me.

"At the other homes I've been at, I was always doing something. You know like cooking, cleaning, watching over the younger kids, but here there is nothing to do. All I do is sit around and think, and my mind is the last place I want to be." I told him honestly.

I've been here for about a week and a half and I already feel like my head is going to implode.

"I get what you're saying, I think it'll be better once you start school." He said playing with the watch on his wrist.

It was just then I noticed the tattoo's that ran up his left arm. He had a bunch of flowers that were placed perfectly on his forearm but I wasn't exactly sure what kind of flowers they were, it then transitioned into what looks like a cross with a bible verse. The artwork looked very detailed, you can tell the artist put a lot of time and effort into his work.