13. Queen of the Donkeys

"Sometimes you can't see yourself clearly until you see yourself through the eyes of others." 

- Ellen DeGeneres

************************************************

I stood there for a few moments, my back press against the shut door. My head was whirling with questions and guilt. I felt completely horrible about kneeing Axel. He didn't deserve that, especially not after the fact he did save my life not once but twice, and if I didn't feel bad before, now Axel's saying I had put us both into danger somehow.

Knowing I had to do something, I opened my door and slowing made my way across the hall, dragging my feet across the soft carpet. I knocked on Axel's door, the familiar anxiousness was crawling up my throat.

A few minutes went by and Axel still hadn't opened the door, which I don't blame him. I wouldn't open the door either if I was him.

I was about to turn around and head back to my room when his door suddenly opens. I reluctantly look up to Axel's face, it was blank as it always was. I opened my mouth desperate to say something but my voice couldn't make it passed the knot in my throat.

Axel obviously was not in the mood for my games because he scoffed and began to shut the door in my face, but I quickly stopped it with my foot.

"Can we talk?" I muttered looking at him.

"I don't know, I'll let you know in four days." He spat, trying to close the door again. I guess I did deserve that one.

"I'm sorry Axel, I know I was an ass to you." I rushed out before he shut the door, but my apology didn't stop him from closing the door, leaving me alone in the hall.

"In fact, I'm more than ass, I'm like the queen of the donkeys." I raised my voice so he could hear me through the door. If he didn't want to talk he could at least listen.

"Granted you're not the kindest person in the world and you're rather bipolar but that doesn't excuse what I did," I spoke out loud.

"I don't honestly know why I kneed you, it's just you infuriate the living hell out me," I told him hoping he was listening.

"That sounded harsher than I meant it to be!" I facepalm.

Way to go Mia.

"I'm also sorry I ignored you, I know that wasn't cool I was just...scared." My words got caught in my throat trying to tell him how I felt.

"I'm sorry If I hurt you." I sighed defeated, it was no use. If he didn't hate me before he definitely did now.

To my surprise, his door swung open revealing an amused Axel leaning against the door frame. I couldn't help but notice he was now dressed in his regular attire indicating he was leaving.

"See this is the bipolar tendencies I mention earlier," I stated, giving him a weird look.

"Come on." Axel rolled his at me and started walking towards the stairs.

"Huh?" I looked over at him confused.

"Let's go Mia." He said slowly as if I was dumb.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked him, the last time I went with him things didn't end well.

"Stop asking so many questions and come on." He said irritably.

And against my better judgment, I found myself following behind him, I had absolutely no clue what I was getting myself into. My stomach bubbled with a strange feeling of uneasiness or was it excitement?