Story Time

Predator's POV

Yang: Before you say anything I want to get team JNPR here.

Okay?

Yang texted Nora and in about 5 minutes they came to the hangar and sat with us.

Predator: Pilots. We are what every rifleman dreams of becoming. We're trained and augmented to decimate armies and then some alone.

Blake: Augmented? How?

Predator: Bones in all my limbs have been replaced by the same materials used on a Titan. My cloaking capability is nothing more than a chip in my brain.

Ruby: Whaaaa?

She was dumbfounded by it.

But that's not what makes us a true threat. What makes us a true threat is our bond.

Weiss: Bond?

Predator: The bondage of a pilot and their Titan. We are binded by a neural link.

Ruby: What?

I took off the helmet and showed her the needles in the helmet.

Ruby: Ouch.

Weiss: So what kind of training do you take?

Predator: Back when I was in the IMC, pilot training was nothing like this.

Weiss: And what does that mean?

Predator: The training was gruesome to say the least. Mortality rate was at 98% to ensure that only the best of the best can be called pilots.

Ruby: It sounds pretty tough.

Predator: You have no idea.

She sat on my lap. I just pulled her close to me and stroked her hair.

Blake: So who is the IMC and why did you leave them?

Predator: My father was one of the head researchers for Hammond Robotics: The company affiliated with the Interstellar Manufacruring Corporation. I grew up in the IMC and was taught their values and beliefs.

Blake: And what was that belief?

Predator: In order to save our home, we had to exploit resources on other planets. If there were people on it then we evacuate them. At least I thought that was their belief.

Blake: What happened to make you leave and become a mercenary?

Predator: My father died at a young age. As for my mother she died giving birth to me. The only person I had growing up was a man named Kuben Blisk. He was a specialist for the IMC and a good one at that. He taught me the basics of being a specialist so when I took pilot training at 14 it made it easier for me to survive it. Once I was 15, I completed my pilot training and got Legion. The day I got Legion was the day I found out the IMC killed my father.

Ruby hugged me as hard as she could.

Predator: Blisk was fed up with the IMC and gave me an offer to leave them and to join him. I took it. So one day I got on Legion and literally left the IMC. With that I became who I am today.

Blake: An Apex Predator.

Predator: Yeah.

I grabbed some wood along with some blankets to find team JNPR gone. I gave a blanket to each person. I put more wood in the fire and as I sat down, Ruby wrapped the blanket around me and herself. One by one everyone fell asleep by the fire as Ruby spoke.

Ruby: You alright? You just lost a friend.

Predator: Yeah. I'm alright.

Not really. I killed a former comrade turned psychopath.

Ruby: Promise me something.

Predator: Alright. What is it?

Ruby: Promise me that you won't leave me.

I looked into her silver eyes to see her about to cry.

She's actually worried about me?

I kissed her forehead.

Predator: I promise Ruby.

She kissed me and fell asleep on me smiling. I just did the same.