Mourning Our Losses

Predator's POV

Ruby wanted to go to what she called 'her special place'. I walked with her to a cliffside. Leaves falling over us as we approach a tombstone.

SUMMER ROSE:

THUS KINDLY I SCATTER.

Who's this?

Ruby: Hey mom.

Oh god.

I wrapped my arm around her feeling her pain.

Ruby: Sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been. Well, things have been, pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, uh, you know... Dad. He's still teaching at Signal. But he told me that he's going to be on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you. I miss you too.

I stroked her hair and hugged her.

Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. Keep her in line. That was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she's learned a lot from Dad! Oh, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh! They're my teammates! Together, we form Team RWBY! And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion. Anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and I got a boyfriend. He's awesome. He kicks butt and even lost an eye for my protection. He even has a paladin that talks and kicks butt.

I couldn't help but smile and kiss her head.

Ruby: Then I met some. Let's just say, uh, odd teachers. Oh! We've also stopped some bad guys, too! I guess it's like they say: "like mother, like daughter"! I still wonder why Ozpin into the school early. But uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he's starting to sound like Uncle Qrow.

Zwei barks at us.

Ruby: Oh! Looks like Dad's back! I gotta go! He's dropping us off at Beacon for the tournament match before he goes on his next mission. Wish me luck! 

We walked away and she turned her head towards the tombstone.

Ruby: It was good to talk.

We walked towards her family. Yang and their father walked next to us.

Ruby: You ever done something like this Predator?

Predator: Yeah.

Yang: What was it like?

Predator: His grave was on top of a special hill.

Flashback: 1 year ago
Planet: Earth
3rd Person POV

Predator and Legion were walking in a ruins of a village.

Legion: WHERE ARE WE GOING PILOT?

Predator: Somewhere special Legion.

They walked up a hill in the middle of the village. A single Bonsai tree planted behind a broken tombstone. The top of it was ruined.

BETRAYED BY FEW. LOVED BY ALL.

Predator: Hey dad.

Predator sat down in front of the tombstone.

Predator: I became a pilot. I know. You wanted me to become a researcher like you but I wanted to make a difference. Yeah. I left the IMC. Actually. I left with Kuban Blisk. You remember him. A bit bold but a good guy at heart. No I have not found a girlfriend yet. Maybe one day I'll bring her here and show you. Mom would be proud to see me as a pilot. I could have learned a lot from her.

Predator took a deep breath.

Predator: I wish she was here right now.

He started tearing up.

Legion: I'M SORRY PILOT BUT WE MUST GET GOING...
OUR SHIP HAS ARRIVED.

Predator: I'm coming Legion.

As he walked away and stopped. He unseathed a data knife and put it in front of the grave and walked towards Legion. He embarked Legion and said something before closing the hatch.

Predator: I'm sorry father. I failed to save you.

He walked to the ship and it took off heading towards the planet Harmony.
He played Remember Everything by 5FDP on the ship. It suited him well.

Oh, dear mother, I love you
I'm sorry, I wasn't good enough
Dear father, forgive me
'Cause in your eyes, I just never added up
In my heart I know I failed you
But you left me here alone

If I could hold back the rain
Would you numb the pain
'Cause I remember everything
If I could help you forget
Would you take my regrets
'Cause I remember everything

Oh, dear brother, just don't hate me
For never standing by you or being by your side
Dear sister, please don't blame me
I only did what I thought was truly right
It's a long and lonely road
When you know you walk alone

If I could hold back the rain
Would you numb the pain
'Cause I remember everything
If I could help you forget
Would you take my regrets
'Cause I remember everything

I feel like running away
I'm still so far from home
You say that I'll never change
But what the fuck do you know
I'll burn it all to the ground before I let you run
Please forgive me, I can't forgive you now
I remember everything

If I could hold back the rain, would you numb the pain
'Cause I remember everything
If I could help you forget, would you take my regrets
'Cause I remember everything

It all went by so fast
I still can't change the past
I always will remember everything
If we could start again
Would that change the end
We remember everything
Everything