Tangled in the Great Escape

(Agnes' POV)

I've been living the hard life since I was eight years old. My mom was Angelica, the daughter of Blackbeard, and I, the daughter of none other than Captain Jack Sparrow. As the story goes, my mom was abandoned on a deserted island by my father—my mom had told him that she was pregnant.

However, my dad didn't believe it. My mom told him he was drunk, in which he said he'd "never actually been that drunk",but he was, regardless of what he thought, and my mom was pregnant with me. Mom told me that she was able to get help and sail to Tortuga. Nearly two months at Tortuga, my mom had me. She raised me in a pig pen to say the least, but it's all she could afford, and as time went on—it's all I knew. Only when I became older I began to realize the riches of the world around me.

I knew my mom was a pirate, but I didn't actually get the concept of a pirate until I was older. Pirates were thirsty for treasure; so thirsty, that my mom often left days on end to find some. One time she didn't come back for an entire week, but it was nothing compared to now. My mom left when I was eight years old and never came back since.

Call me mean, rude, a terrible daughter, but I was never fond of my mother. I never looked up to her. Now my father, he's a different story. I've heard the legends, the tales, the oh-so-great-and-mysterious-Captain Jack Sparrow, beholder of the Black Pearl. However, I've never met the man, and he doesn't even know I exist. That's what brings me to my story.

I'm fifteen years old, but, I don't think I've changed all that much...my perspective on life remained the same. I've been working since age eight and have been able to bunk with a lovely couple who I give most of my profit to. I didn't give them all my gold however, I kept some aside for myself if I ever found myself in an emergency, in need of rum, but most importantly: board the Black Pearl.

I was positive you paid by showing your loyalty to the captain, but you always have to play situations such as these safely. All my life I've been itching to meet my father, and slowly but surely, my dream's coming true.

"Oi Agnes! Pick it up a little why don't ya?! Absalom ain't gonna be happy if he sees ya slackin' off!"

"Right."

"What's got ya in such a daze anyway?"

"Emory, have ya heard about the Black Pearl? Captain Jack Sparrow?"

"Who hasn't!? What about?"

"Do you ever think it's gonna come back to Tortuga?"

"Of course. In fact, rumor is that Sparrow's comin' back any time now for new blood!"

"Really?"

"Why've you got yur panties in a knot 'bout it? It ain't like women can go on, you know that."

"What about Elizabeth Swann? She was aboard the Pearl!"

"She was an exception I've heard. It's bad luck to have a women aboard a ship, especially one like the Black Pearl!"

"I...I know, I was just curious. When do you think he's comin'?"

"We talkin' about the Pearl here?" A deep voice asked, taking a seat at the front.

He was a man no taller than six feet, jagged ebony hair with streaks of silver and white.

"Aye! Do you know when it might be comin' here to Tortuga?!"

"What's a little girl like yurself doin' wonderin' 'bout the Black Pearl anyway? Stick to doin' what you're supposed ta do. Clean mugs and look pretty."

I wanted to say that was the most infuriated I've been, but it wasn't. I've been told that since I started working.

"Exactly. I can't go on the blessed ship and I don't think I'll be gettin' out of this job anytime soon, so, spill it! I'm just curious! Y'aint wastin' ya breathe on me!"