We All Float Down Here

(Agnes' POV)

I woke up to the sound of-well, nothing for once! I figured it was still early on in the morning, too, considering Carina, Henry, Gibbs, and Scrum were still passed out around me. I quietly exited, sitting on a barrel on deck, resting my arms on the side of the boat, staring out at the sunset cascading beautifully onto the water waves.

I suppose the reason I hadn't been so broken about Emory, was the fact that I had so many people around me. I couldn't be weak around them. I've already been weak far too many times. This was my only time I'd ever allow myself to be weak. When no one was around.

I watched each one of my tears cause a tiny ripple in the water, slowly but surely making itself a bigger one. It wasn't far at all for me to live and Emory to die.

"Lean any farther and you'll be swimming in the water!"

My head snapped back to see who spoke. Of course, it was Jack.

"More like sinking."

"Figured I'd see you out here."

"You did?" I exclaimed, looking back out to the sea.

"Guess I'm becoming too predictable." I joked.

"Why are you out here, Jack?"

"Same as you; to think."

"Thinking?! My god no thinking! I'm far too tired to think anymore! I'd call it pondering."

"Well said, love."

"Let me guess, Pelegosto? The treasure?" I asked, jabbing him lightly on the arm.

"Not quite."

"Oh...same as me then? Some more sad, more serious stuff?"

"Let's go with the serious part."

"I promise I'll just leave it at that."

"Say it." Jack spoke, the sunrise reflecting sharply on his deep dark hickory colored eyes.

"S-Say what?"

"Just say whatever's on your mind."

"Are you crazy?! These are some very personal thoughts!"

"I promise I don't care. It's a trick I learned. Cmon then! Just stare out into the sea, it'll all come to you."

"O-Okay, then.." I gulped, following his orders.

"Well, I woke up to have some time alone to ponder, about Emory. The reason I haven't really broken down yet is because I'm surrounded by everybody on the ship, I'd be so weak if I was just a crying baby all day. I just wanted to get some tears out before everybody else woke up."

"That's not it, you've still got some more bottled up in there." Jack spoke.

"How do you know what I'm thinking? How I feel?!"

"I know that look, the way your voice hesitated."

"You're gonna think I'm silly and my thoughts are invalid."

"No."

"Promise?"

Jack finally dared to look at me sternly. He held out his hand, which I eventually took.

"I promise on me mum's grave."

"Quite a promise! Okay then. I-I guess I was also just thinking about, well, you."

"What about me?"

"T-That I'm really grateful I've met you, and that you've accepted me, and we've been able to talk, but..."