Never Hurt Again

(Agnes' POV)

Me, Gibbs, and Scrum had been searching for everybody for the longest time, but to no avail.

"Best be callin' it a night." Gibbs sighed, walking away from the both of us.

"What about Jack! The others?! They might need us!" I informed Gibbs, trying my best to catch up to him without my torch burning out.

"Or perhaps they're already back at the cabin, in nifty shape and with a room full of treasure!"

"Maybe." I sighed, continuing to walk on.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, urging me to look up.

"I know you care about Jack, Agnes. I've just learned to have faith in Jack; he's stronger than we all know."

"I know that! It's just—I don't know. I still worry. Him, Emory, even Henry, Carina, and Mr. and Mrs. Turner! They've all become such a big part of my lives! You guys, too. I never thought it would ever end up like this, but I'm so glad it has."

"You're gonna make me tear up!" Scrum smiled, actual tears forming in his eyes.

"Aw Scrum! Don't cry!"

"I'm not Agnes! I'm just glad I've met someone like you. Sparrow has a mighty fine daughter he does!"

"Aye! Indeed he does!" Gibbs roared, shooting me a smile.

"This sounds weird, but you two are like my awesome, crazy, adventurous uncles." I chuckled.

"We'll take it, won't we Scrum?"

"Aye! Sounds good to me!" Scrum agreed, walking on with us.

Gibbs and Scrum were doing most of the talking while I was leading us back to the cabin. So many thoughts were running through my mind; how all of them were doing and where they even were, but all I could focus on was getting back. All I could focus on, until I heard shouting. I deemed myself as just hearing things, but it wouldn't seem to go away.

"Guys! Don't you hear it? It sounds like someone's yelling!" I spoke, both of them discontinuing their conversation.

"Aye, you're right! Sounds like Jack, too!" Gibbs told me, walking faster.

"Jack?!" I excitedly asked.

Gibbs was right! The closer it got, I knew it was him!

"JACK!" I yelled, running ahead of Gibbs.

And there he was, right in front of me.

"Agnes! Are you alright, darling?!" Jack asked, hands gripped tightly around my shoulders.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked, curious as to how Jack had brewed up that assumption.

Jack quickly took his hands off of me, digging in his pocket, in which he pulled out the feather from my hair.

"Where'd you find it?" I asked, taking it from him, trying to place it back in.

"Carina found it on the ground," Jack replied, failing to go into detail.

"So why did you leave them?" I asked, placing my hand on my hip.

"That is of no importance! Let us catch up with them."

"Aha! You came just to see if I was okay?" I asked, Jack turning away from me.

I caught up with him, trying my best to get a look at his face. I didn't know if it was possible, but I swore Jack was blushing!

"Let's not mention it." He replied.

"Thank you, dad." I smirked, leaving Gibbs and Scrum to walk behind us.