Send the Pain Below

(Agnes' POV)

"Me? Like Emory?! O-Of course I do! He's like my brother."

"Then why are you blushing?" She smirked, pulling my chair closer to her.

"Agnes darling, it's been quite painfully obvious! Ever since the lad left, though granted I hadn't known him beforehand, Henry told me it's all but increased the signs! Your hands, they're inexplicably clammy and sweaty, cheeks rosy as can be, and you're stuttering!"

"Carina! Shut it! Emory could hear us from an inch away! Remember how you told me what I say to you you won't utter a word to anyone else?"

"Yes."

"Then can we keep it that way if I do tell you something?"

"Of course, Agnes."

I leaned in closer, my mouth hovering over her ear.

"I do like Emory, but, he probably doesn't feel the same way."

Carina lightly pushed me back in my seat, grabbing my hand.

"Aw Agnes! Emory will feel the same way! He's like a puppy dog who keeps following you around! Plus, do you want to hear what Henry told me?"

"H-Henry?! What does he know!"

"Well," Carina started with a huge inhale of air.

"Henry told me, that Emory already admitted that he likes you. Believe it or not, he feels the same way! Thinks that you won't return his feelings."

I suddenly felt as if all my insides had dropped onto the wooden floor. That was the very last thing I was expecting to come out of Carina's mouth!

"H-How would I approach him though! Gosh, that would end lovely! Hey Emory, I know we've known each other for several years now and we're probably more like brother and sister than boyfriend and girlfriend but I really like you so let's start dating!"

Carina glanced at me with wide eyes, coughing herself out of the situation.

"Well, not exactly like that, but, the words will come to you when the time is right! 'Cause when the moments right? It'll all make sense."

"That's how you admitted your feelings to Henry?"

"Yes. It can be scary, yes, but, you cannot fear of what Emory will think. You've got to have some more of that blind faith."

"Thank you, Carina."

"No problem, darling."

"I guess I should be getting to bed, it's getting pretty dark out."

"Get a good nights rest then."

Carina made her way back upstairs, as I made my way to the hammocks.

"Going to sleep as well?"

"AH! E-Emory! You scared the fuckin' shit outta me!" I nearly panted, clasping onto my chest.

Emory began to chuckle slightly, making his way over to me.

"I'm sorry Agnes! I'll let ya sleep, now," he sighed, falling back into his hammock.

"I'm gonna go get something to drink first."

I ran back up the deck to the wheel and sat down, where Jack looked at me like I was a mad woman.

"What on earth did you see down there!"

"Nothing of importance, captain! I mean Jack! I mean dad! I mean whoever you are! I can't even talk anymore!"