Two's Company, Four's A Crowd

(Henry's POV)

I hadn't even realized that I had fallen asleep at the wheel of the Pearl! I had quickly steered her back onto our route, forcing myself to wake up! I figured we must've been getting closer, hence there being next-to-no islands showing up anymore. Plus, the Devil's Anvil stood out from every other island; it resembled that of a volcano.

"What was that lad! The boat just jolted!" Gibbs yelled to me, waiting for an answer.

"Sorry! I fell asleep!"

"Wait. Something's wrong!" I heard Emory's voice shout, running to the side of the ship.

"What's wrong!" I exclaimed, nervous that I had somehow damaged the ship while I was asleep.

"Oh no. This isn't good at all! CARINA!" Emory shouted to the lower level of the boat, where she still laid.

"YES?"

"IS IT FLOODING DOWN THERE?!" Emory called.

Flooding?! Was there a hole in the ship?!

Carina quickly came up the stairs with a look of concern and confusion. She didn't even have to answer, the bottom of her dress was soaked!

"There's a hole down there! What has happened?!" Carina commanded.

"Don't know! Was sleepin'! Henry would know better than any of us!" Gibbs retorted, suddenly all eyes looking towards me.

"I don't recall anything hitting the ship! But, I was drifting off myself."

"The way that hole looked?! It was intentional. There was no way Henry could've ran into anything in the ocean that would cause that much damage!" Carina argued, making her way up to me.

"Then the next question we must figure out! Who blew a hole in the Pearl?" Gibbs muttered, getting frustrated himself.

"Perhaps it was a ship that occupied men who wanted Jack. If they had found what they wanted, they'd continue to blow holes in the ship! Perhaps because they saw me at the wheel and not Jack they sailed away. My only question is how were you all able to sleep through it?!" I asked, bewildered.

"Nothin' can wake me, not even if the devil himself was shakin' me awake!" Gibbs spoke jokingly.

"I had heard some type of noise, felt a little something too. I just supposed it was you changing the direction of the ship, darling, that was all." Carina replied.

"I was dead tired last night, hadn't even suspected a thing." Emory sighed.

"Say, where's Scrum?" I asked, having not seen him since the morning previous.

"The lad's probably still sleeping! Trust me, even if Scrum were to have witnessed it with his own eyes, ya wouldn't be gettin' much out of him." Gibbs truthfully spoke, not having much faith in Scrum.

I always knew that Scrum wasn't on the higher end of the intelligence spectrum, but, even a man with the knowledge such as he possesses could've given me direction or a clue as to who bombed the ship.

"I say let's worry about who bombed the ship another time, if we don't find the island soon the Pearl will be sinkin' to the ocean floor!" Gibbs frantically spoke.

"Right!"

I got right back to gripping my hands tightly onto the wheel, so tight that my knuckles had turned white. We'd been sailing for hours! The Anvil had to be approaching shortly!
_
(Agnes' POV)

A hault. The ship had abruptly stopped, lunging me forward and away from Jack. Had we reached the island so soon?!

"Jack! Wake up!" I whispered, crawling over to shake him awake.