Somebody To You

(Agnes' POV)

Since the Captain ruined my thinking time last night, I thought I'd be in the clear to have a bit of the morning to myself. I'd enjoy the sunrise on the water instead. I sat myself on a crate and looked out into the water. For once, it felt hypnotizing. Like I could focus on the water, hear it. It had always calmed me down.

It was starting to get cooler out, which was quite unfortunate for me. My coat wasn't exactly doing the job. I wondered when I'd have enough gold to get a new jacket, and the next time we'd be on land once more.

"Figured you'd be out here."

I rolled my eyes as the Captain approached.

"Yeah, and I was feeling great until you showed up."

"Watch your mouth, I'm still Captain."

"Yeah, cause that title makes you all big and tough. What do you need."

"Nothing, love. Believe it or not, I'm out here for the same reason you are."

"And that is?"

"To think about some recent events."

"Ah. Well you've found the right time."

"Listen. I don't hate you, savvy? I've heard how much you 'loathe' me lately."

"Mr. Gibbs said something, didn't he?"

"No, I've just heard. You've got quite the loud mouth."

"I'm known for running my mouth. I don't loathe you, I guess. You're difficult."

"I've been told that many times."

"Well good. I don't hate you, you don't hate me. We're great. Thanks for the talk, Captain Jack Sparrow."

"That's not-I'm glad we've come to an agreement, then, Agnes."

"Miss, Agnes."

"Miss Agnes."

What a piss poor excuse of a talk. He doesn't know how to talk to me, so his attempt ends up terribly scripted and full of struggle.

"So this is why I didn't see ya," Emory exclaimed, coming to my side.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing! You've just been thinking a lot to yourself lately."

"Listen, I'm sorry about yesterday, okay? I was just fed up."

"Understandable."

"Say, do you know the next time we'll be on land?"

"Can't say I do. Soon for sure, we need to stock up on some more gun powder and such. The flood ruined almost all of it."

"Oh and Miss Agnes?" I heard Jack's voice say from afar.

"Yes?"

"It is my request that you take the day off."

"What am I to do, then?"

"Whatever you please."

"Wait, Captain Jack Sparrow!"

"Yes?"

"When's the next time we'll be on land?"

"Tonight. I'm sure we need more supplies due to the water damage. And please, you may just call me Jack."

"Aye."

"Were you two talking before I got up here?" Emory asked, looking as if he had recalled something.