You're The Sea Upon Which I Float

(Agnes' POV)

For my first time ever on the ship, I had woken up by myself, not by the sound of Gibbs shouting or the ship being attacked. I slowly dragged myself up and out of the covers to stand up-wait, covers?! I was sleeping on a bed! I had to be in none other than the captain's cabin. After talking to him for a while last night, I hadn't really remembered what happened.

I stood, nearly collapsing the second I moved my right foot. It felt as if needles were being jabbed on every muscle running through my leg! I shook it off, grunting through the first few movements I made to the door. There, I saw Emory carving some wood with a knife, Henry with a nautical spyglass staring out into the sea, and Gibbs was looking at what I could only assume was a map. Scrum must've been off sleeping, as he usually was most of the time.

I leisurely made my way down the steps, careful as to not fall and break my head.

"Agnes! Let me help you," Henry vocalized, becoming aware of my presence due to the creaky wood below my feet.

"Thank you."

"So? How'd you sleep, considering you had the best dibs on the ship," Henry smirked.

I knew he, all of them were itching to know what happened last night.

"I slept wonderful! Can't say my limbs are doing any better, though. Every step feels like I'm being bitten by a shark!"

"And you know that how?" Henry asked sarcastically, eyebrow raised.

"Metaphor. I'd know if I was bitten by a shark, it'd be much less painful than this!"

"Have you gone mad?! Being eaten by a shark would be nearly a million times more painful!" Henry scolded, looking at me as if I had lost it.

"But think about this! How long are you going to be in pain when a shark eats you? Only a few seconds till he hits those vital organs."

"There's your Jack logic talking!" Gibbs laughed.

"Well at least I got the more advantageous traits!"

"Was that an insult towards Jack?" Henry asked curiously.

"Not at all! I meant to my liking, that's all. Speaking of, where is he?"

"He's still passed out on a hammock. I swear the man can sleep better than any of us on them!" Gibbs spoke sarcastically, but also with truth.

"Did you all eat yet?"

"No. Me and Gibbs have been busy locating the best way to approach Pelegosto."

"I'll make some breakfast, then."

"No! It's quite alright, Agnes! I'll get to it in a minute."

"Henry, I insist! Maybe it'll help me."

It had just hit me after I started to walk away how Emory hadn't spoke a word to me, nor anybody for that matter. I'd have to see what was wrong with him, I couldn't think of a reason why he'd be upset, though.
_
(Emory's POV)

Agnes. Oh by the gods I am beyond thankful she's alright and back with us! However, I was just worried. Full of worry, all of my life that's been my job. I was always worrisome of me mum and sister while I was at work, if I was going to be able to feed them another day, and if I were to ever get fired, what would I do? Where would I go?!

That's not exactly the same kind of worry I was feeling right about this moment, though. It was Agnes, and Agnes? She's a whole different level of worry. In fact, as much as I'd hate to admit it, maybe an even more important level than my mom and sister. She's always been the greatest friend; adventurous, giving, bold, and never one to turn down any kind of challenge or risk flying her way!