This Is The Time

(Emory's POV)

I woke up, but not to the sound of Gibbs. Instead blows at the ship! I got onto my feet as fast as I could and onto the deck.

"What's going on!"

"We're bein' attacked by a Navy Bulwark ship! BROADSIDE PORT!" Gibbs yelled.

I was frantic, I had no idea what to do! Everyone else was already taking care of the cannons, and Jack was steering the ship. Through the corner of my eyes, I swore I could see another ship approaching.

"Mr. Gibbs! Correct me if I'm wrong, but, is that an East India Trading Company boat?"

"Bullocks! Reckon so! FIRE!"

"What shall I do, Mr. Gibbs?"

"Everything's already being taken care of Mr. Sackleson! I give you watch duty!"

"Aye!"
_
(Agnes' POV)

"Here's your breakfast, Ms. Sparrow."

"Please, call me Agnes."

"As you wish," the buff guard responded.

I looked at what was placed in front of me. Grog, how disgusting! I'd rather starve. I became incredibly weary of Ellery's plans. It wouldn't just simply be me helping him and he drops me off at Tortuga, that was for sure. I had wanted to ask the next time we'd go on land again, but, I would sound too suspicious. For now, I'd have to play along.

"Miss Agnes! What ye know about the Devil's Anvil?" Ellery asked in his grim voice.

"Nothing, Captain! Reckon it's an island?"

"Aye. That's where we be heading. It's not too far from Tortuga."

"Well that's perfect, then!"

"Aye. Miss Agnes, what has your father taught ya?"

"He hasn't taught me anything! I consider myself self-taught at the moment! Picked up a few things from my mother, though."

"And who would she be?"

"Angelica! Daughter of Blackbeard."

Ellery growled the near second I said Blackbeard.

"Assuming you and Blackbeard go back?"

"I don't, Barbossa, however, did. He's the man responsible for Barbossa's missing leg! Captain Teague was nothing but a despicable."

"Oh. I myself have heard he was a terrible man, though. My mom told me. She said she didn't think he was, but she knew his intentions were bad. I don't like my grandfather nor my mother, Captain Ellery."

"What's that supposed to prove?"

"That this voyage we're on right now will not include any feud because of blood and heritage! Savvy?"

"That's just as I had hoped it would be, Miss Agnes."

"How long do you think it'll be till we get to the Devil's Anvil, or whatever it be called."

"Two days, tops. It appears we have company," he smirked.

I squinted out at the boat that was now in sight. I couldn't even comprehend it! Perhaps my eyes were fooling me.

"I-Is that the Pearl?!"

"Aye. Appears it's under attack too! Let's go pay old Jack a visit."

Emory was the first person who came to my mind. I had to find a way to get myself back onto the Pearl.
_
(Emory's POV)