Long Gone and Moved On

(Agnes' POV)

I felt completely sluggish when I had woken up from the very eventful night I was given for my birthday.

"Agnes? Are you awake?" A voice that I could only assume was Henry spoke, me not possessing the ability to turn my head at that very moment.

"Aye, I'm awake. How long was I out?" I groggily asked.

"Too long. How long were you and Jack up talking last night?"

"A pretty long time." I brightly smiled.

"You look extremely happy, not that it's a bad thing! What did Jack tell you?" Henry smirked, sitting next to me.

"What I needed to hear." I replied.

"Could you do me a favor and wake him up?"

I nodded, turning over to Jack. We had both fallen asleep on deck.

"Dad?" I inquired, tapping him.

He must've already been waking up, as he quickly opened his eyes.

"What darling?"

"Jack! Father needs you." Henry spoke, Jack meeting him with a confused look.

"And why does the bloody eunuch need me?"

"To keep him on track of course!"

"Thought that was your job! You're the map boy." Jack replied, closing his eyes once more.

"Have you ever cared to think that maybe I need a break once in a while too? You're a captain Jack! I mean, I know the Pearl hasn't been in shape for a couple weeks now, but that doesn't mean you can slack on this ship."

"Fine! Fine. As long as you stop whining." Jack sighed, walking away to Will.

"Hey, I didn't whine!" Henry growled, taking a seat where Jack currently had sat.

"So, do you know when we're finally going to be at Pelegosto?" I asked Henry, who was currently enjoying finally being off of his feet.

"Tomorrow morning most likely. Why?" Henry quizzically asked.

"No reason."

"No reason..." Henry spoke, pushing me to actually say what was on my mind.

"Alright. I guess I just want to get back to Port Royal. Don't get me wrong, this whole ship life sea adventure thing is wonderful, but, I miss being on land, being able to freely walk and go anywhere I please. I guess I'm just not cut out for this kind of life."

"I understand. The more you do it though, you get used to it."

"Are you?" I asked, him seemingly speaking from experience.

"Of course I am! I've been sailing for almost ten years. People like Jack? They've been sailing since they could learn to walk and talk. This is Jack's home."

"You don't have to tell me that twice." I chuckled. "So what about you? You must be thrilled for this voyage to end."

"Why do you say that?" Henry asked, questioning my assumption.

"Your father! Your fiancée. You have a life, Henry! More than all of us! You deserve to have happiness." I beamed.

"As do you, Agnes. But, I do question where your happiness lies."

My eyebrow quirked up, not knowing why he would say or think such a thing.

"What makes you say that?"