If Nothing Breaks, Nothing Moves.

(Emory's POV)

"Saw you and Agnes go up to the Captain's cabin." Gibbs called, sitting next to me.

"Please, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking happened, it wasn't like that. Agnes just needed some support, she was upset."

"I know. I heard her crying."

"You did?"

"Aye. Why was she doin' so? Doesn't seem like the type of lassy who breaks easily."

"She isn't, not at all. In short terms, Captain Jack's an ass."

"Jack is many things, but he's not an arse!"

"Yeah? Well Agnes was taken and he refused to find her! The Captain doesn't care about his own daughter at all."

"I'll have a talk with Jack. Don't worry, Emory. We'll find Miss Agnes."

Jack later that evening came onto the ship without speaking a word, steering it away from Port Royal. I hadn't the slightest clue where we were going, if we were even going to find Agnes. I'd just have to hope that Henry would possibly help us find her.
_
(Gibb's POV)

Jack. For all the years I've known him, he's been a great pirate, captain, and man. However, I couldn't say I agreed with his decisions this time around, I had to open my mouth.

"Jack!"

"Gibbs! What seems to be troubling you."

"May we talk privately?"

"Aye."

Jack led me up to his cabin, where I took a seat.

"Jack. I know this isn't my position,"

"Then why are you going to say it?"

"Because I think my opinion matters, so does Mr. Sackleson's out there, too! Your daughter is missing, and we must find her!"

"Why must we?! Isn't my fault she was kidnapped, mate."

"Jack! We're pirates, and yes I know the code! Every man that falls behind stays behind, however, this is no man! And no ordinary girl, your daughter! The daughter of Sparrow!"

"And then what! Have a family party hug it out and live a wonderful fantasy life?! Don't think so. I just met the girl less than a month ago! She ain't my responsibility."

"Angelica was responsible for her, and then she left her. Jack, are you so blind as to see why she wanted to meet you?! She didn't expect to just leave! She wants something with ya! The girl's never had anything with any parent figure! Her last hope was her father. But obviously, her father doesn't care either."

"Why would she care so much about me if she previously knew next-to-nothing about me?"

"Jack, I think she just wanted to see you at first! Through all her anger, Jack, I truly think she likes you. She wants more with you. But I don't think you're willing to be a father, and you're marooning her just like ya marooned Angelica on that island!"

Jack went solid, and turned around with the most serious, angered expression on his face that I'd ever seen on him in my time knowing him.

"Don't say that, Joshamee."

"We both know it's true. Ya didn't even give the girl a chance."

I left his cabin, only knowing now Jack was a complete lost cause. It's a shame, I really liked Agnes. If Jack got to know her, he'd feel the same and want to be her father.

"Gibbs, what did he say?!" Emory asked, needful of an answer and quick!

"I think we best stop trying. Jack isn't going to listen."