Would You Still Be There

(Henry's POV)

After such a large victory, it was hard to say what would take place next. I knew for a fact that I wanted to go home with father, mother, and Carina, but I began to wonder if a life in Port Royal was what was really right for Agnes. I know she didn't want to be a pirate, but I also knew that she didn't want to blend in with the common folk. It didn't help that we were on separate ships, either.....

"Deep in thought I'd imagine," A soothing voice called, placing their hand delicately on my shoulder.

I chuckled to myself a little, turning around to embrace Carina's presence.

"You have no idea. Assuming you were doing the same, considering you're up so early."

"You could call it that. I suppose you were also thinking about Agnes too, weren't you?"

I sighed, looking forward onto the Pearl.

"Do you really think this is right? For her to live a life without Jack?"

Her sky blue eyes darted onto the Pearl as well, lost in thought.

"It doesn't matter what I think is right. If Agnes truly wants to stay with Jack, she'll say something once we make port at Port Royal."

"Port Royal it is, then." I replied, making my way up to the wheel, though I noticed someone had already beaten me to it—father.

"Why don't you lay low, son. You've been up all night." My father spoke in his now gravely voice, clutching the wheel through the relentless tides.

"It wouldn't mater anyways, I can't sleep. Why are you up so early?"

"I'm always used to being up this early. Plus, the faster we sail, the faster we are to home."

I smiled at the thought of us all being together. After all these years, we'd finally be living together as a family.

"What's troubling you?" Father asked, noticing the worried expression on my face.

"Nothing. We'll deal with it once we reach Port Royal."

(Agnes' POV)

As I had suspected, dad had let me take his cabin for the night. Things felt different, though; they almost felt lonely. With captains and swordfights and witches, I was beginning to think that my life wouldn't be nearly as exciting nor enjoyable if I were to go back to just being that simple girl living on a simple island. Relishing in the short time I knew I had left, I made my way out to spend my last hours with the Pearl. It brought back so many memories, running my hand along the wooden railing, where I had long talks with Jack, the barrels that I often sat on while eating my dinners, and the cannons, where we had attacked Captain Ellery among so many others. It's funny how one's definition of pirate could change so quickly once you walked a mile in their shoes, living the life of a scalawag at sea. It was also funny how the definition of family could change as well. I had remembered a time where Jack had wanted nothing to do with me, but every day and month that went by, things had changed. Not all change is bad, I remember Jack told me—and he was right.

"'Ello Agnes; mind if I join ya?" Scrum smiled, leaning against the railing just as I was.

"Not at all," I grinned, watching the growing sun hit the Pearl and the sea in such a hypnotizing way.

"Thinkin' about Port Royal, I reckon."

"Everything" I sighed, running my hand through my tangled and salty locks. "Say Scrum, when did you realize you wanted to be a pirate?" I wondered, wanting his words to be my guidance.