Something Just Like This

(Agnes' POV)

I wasn't trying to, and I didn't want to, but, I found my hope being conveyed from me once more. I was in a state of oblivion, not knowing where to go or what to do. I had swam longer than I had the first time around, waters becoming increasingly cold. I had taken off my corset for more access to free movement and lighter weight.

Surprisingly enough, the corset had kept me afloat! I used it as a raft to support me. It hadn't supported me much, but, it was helping me greatly. I know I didn't have anytime to think on Ellery's ship, but I curse myself for not finding a compass nor a map! Odds were, that I was probably going to be dead before I found an island. Before I knew it, my head wasn't above water anymore. The sweet serenity of my limbs being free of torture in exchange for my breath.

I couldn't shake myself out of the feeling, though. It was as if my limbs were locked in place. I tried my best not to panic, but, I couldn't help but become concerned! I was watching my stone of a body slowly sink down, the ray of sun radiating into the sea leaving me further every terrifying second. My ears began to pop, legs letting the water take them wherever it pleases.

I only then began to panic, yet my arms nor legs still refused to advance! My brain was practically yelling at me for oxygen, pounding through my head! So, this was death. As a few more moments had gone on, the feeling had become more light, peaceful. I've heard some people have flashbacks when they're dying, however that wasn't my case. I just kept looking up into the sky through the ocean, so far away from me.

White. White was slowly transpiring into my vision. My brain had given me one last jolt, a last chance to defend myself from the sea taking me whole, and I took it. My arm, with all the strength I had left in my muscles and mind, flapped it up and down, as well as the other. I swore I could've heard a pop in my arm, but, I wasn't worried in the slightest at that moment. I couldn't move my legs all that much, but my arms were bringing me back up!

My brain needed oxygen and now. I began to kick drastically, quite possibly with all the might I've ever put into something in my life! And I had made it back up! My gasps sounded like a bunch of whales beginning to die, but, I felt my body slowly revive again. I was thankful, so thankful that I had some sort of will to bring myself back up.

I prayed there was an island near by, I wouldn't care anymore if it was smaller than the one I was just on.
_
(Emory's POV)

"Captain! When do ya predict we'll be there!"

"Anytime now! Better hope Ellery didn't already exchange her."

"If he did, we'll just take her back with a fight then! Right?"

"Reckon not. They're going to kill her, slow and painfully."

"All because of your doing!"

"When you say it like that! Lad how was I supposed to know."

"You could've guessed the second you saw her with Ellery!"

"Son, I'm helping you find her. Savvy?"

"Aye, captain."

"Good."

"I think we might be here! Look at that!" Henry called, pointing west.

"I think you might be right! Mr. Sackleson! We shall be there in approximately ten minutes," Jack grinned at me with his cocky know-it-all face.

"We're coming for ya Agnes. Please, just stay with me a little longer," I whispered, clutching the feather she had sported so well in her hair.
_
(Agnes' POV)

By gods fate, I was presented an island, and a big one! However it looked as if a volcano was on it! Who was I to care, though! I paced myself there, telling myself it was only but a few strokes away. I began to believe I dislocated my shoulder, but, I couldn't feel it while I was swimming. Hopefully I was wrong.