↤ Mike Wheeler

Mike's parents were leaving for the weekend, along with his sister, Nancy. So, he was staying at your house.

It wasn't out of the ordinary for him to spend at your home, it occured very often in fact, but he never stayed overnight before.

Your parents and his have always (and always will be) very close friends. This caused you to grow up around the Wheelers; Mike being your best friend.

Best friend. That's all, nothing more, nothing less. This is what you told yourself constantly; when you saw him with his friends, his handsome smile shining. Or when he let you borrow his hoodies on chilly nights. When you felt yourself falling for Mike. You were just friends.

You were pulled away from these thoughts when you heard your bedroom door creak open.

"Y/N? Can I come in?" Mike's voice was heard, an almost whisper.

"Yeah, Mikey." You hummed his nickname as you tried to tidy your bed sheets.

He trudged into the room, a bag slung around his shoulder. He looked around the room in an approving matter, as if he has never been in there before, "Where will I be sleeping?"

You didn't expect him to be sleeping in your room, so you weren't prepared to answer the question, "Uh- um. You can sleep in the bed-- if you want?"

He laughed at your sudden awkwardness, "Okay, Y/N."

---

It was past midnight, and you were reading from a worn-out textbook, desprately trying to finish an essay.

"Y/N- I'm tired, Can we go to sleep now?" Mike yawned, and closed the book that rested in your lap.

"Sure, Mike." You cleared your things off the bed, and stood up, starting to leave the room. You figured Mike would want to be alone as he slept.

"Hey! Where are you going?" He called from behind you, a hint of laughter behind his words.

"To sleep on the couch?"

"No- no. Y/N, come here." He scooted over in your bed, making room for you.

"Oh- uh, should I, really? I mean- it will be awkward, and--" You rambled nervously, while staring at the carpet.

"Y/N, just shush." He stood up, walked over to you and picked you up, then tossed you onto the bed, "Go to bed, love."

"Love? That's a new one." You said as he plopped down next to you, much calmer than you were just a few seconds before.

"Well, the girl I love should have an appropriate nickname." He mumbled just loud enough for you to hear, pulling you close to his chest as the words were spoken.

"You-- love me?" You said, shocked, while adjusting yourself against him, nuzzling into his chest. He simply nodded down to you, his chin hitting the top of your head.

"I love you too, Mike." With these words, you slowly drifted off to sleep, feeling safer and more comfortable than you ever have in your life.

A/N: Thank you guys for 21K! I love and appreciate all of you! Also, I'm sorry for the slow updates, I hope you understand.

wc: 502