↽ Lucas Sinclair

You pushed your back against the leather seats of the Ford Taurus you so dearly loved. You clamped your fingers around the small handles above the car doors. You were nervous, and you believe it showed.

You strapped the three seatbelts around your body, and clicked them into place. This was for extra safety, of course. 

"Y/N? What are you doing?" Lucas asked you as he popped his head into the car, "Why do you have three seatbelts on?" 

"I am convinced you're going to crash my car. I am taking precautions." 

Lucas Sinclair, your beloved boyfriend, just turned 16. He asked to use your car for practice, as he wanted his license. You were a few years older than him, and conveniently already knew how to drive. 

"Lucas, babe, be careful, please, for the sake of my life and my car." You patted his shoulder from your place in the backseat. You handed him the keys, and he started the car. 

He shifted his gear, and pulled out of your driveway. He bumped the car down the road at a slow pace, around twenty miles per hour. Lucas wasn't bad at driving, he knew what he was doing, and he knew how to follow the rules of the road. 

"You're doing great, sweetie." You unclicked your belts, and proceeded to crawl your way up to the passenger's seat. You were careful not to hit your boyfriend, as that could end badly for both of you. 

"Lucas, pull over for a minute, please?" You asked him. 

He followed instruction, pulling over to a dirt patch on the side of the road. 

"Am I driving your baby well? If I am gonna wreck it, I'll gladly get out of this seat." 

"Lukey, you're my baby too." You laughed lightly, "Plus, you're doing surprisingly well." 

He heaved a sigh of relief in response. You grabbed his hand, and wrapped your fingers around his. He smiled widely, white teeth shining proudly. Lucas turned his body, and kissed your forehead sweetly. 

"Thank you for helping me get my driver's license, baby." 

You smiled back to him, "Sure, I love to help. But consider saving money to buy your own car? I don't want mine in potential danger, just in case." 

He falsely frowned, and you laughed. 

At least, now, he can drive you to your dates, and not the other way around. 

wc: 399