⇷ Dustin Henderson

~Requested by @nataliaisafangirl ~

You concentrated on the work packet in front of you. You wrote with one hand anf attempted to block your hearing with the other. Why couldn't your classmates just shut up?

You sat in the front corner of the room, beside the teacher's desk. This was the stereotyped spot for geeks and outcasts. You didn't mind, being isolated seemed better than being annoyed by all the other lunatics even more. 

"So, we made contact with Austrailia through Mr. Clarke's radio, right?" Dustin Henderson was about to tell another one of his ridicious stories. 

You turned around and saw a group of people hudled around the class clown in anticipation. 

"Then I asked, 'Do you eat kangaroos for breakfast?' because I just had to know the answer!" An uproar of laughter filled the air.

You rolled your eyes, that "joke" wasn't even that funny. You put your head down on the desk. Your hands were placed on either side of your head, actually drowning out noise this time. 

A hand was placed on your shoulder and you jumped due to the suddenness of the situation. You tilted your head up, only to see the infamous Dustin Henderson above you, still making contact with you. 

"What's got you upset?" He frowned, the complete opposite of his usual expression. 

Usually, you'd ignore him or lie to him, since he didn't really need to know. But, today, you were very annoyed. 

"I don't know. Maybe you? Screaming dumb jokes all the time annoys people, for your information. Just lay off, and be quiet!"

He just stood above you, mouth wide open in shock. Dustin looked taken back and upset, but you hadn't cared in the moment. 

The bell to end class rang in perfect timing, and you rushed out of the room, pushing past everyone. 

---

The day dragged on, and the surprising guilt had begun to overwhelm you. 

Maybe dissing Dustin wasn't the best idea. 

You'd seen him at lunch earlier, and he hadn't said two words the entire time. He'd been frowning and avoiding people while walking through the halls. Did you make him this upset? 

The end of school came at last, and you instinctly strolled over to the bike rack that was just outside the exit. Guilt really does have the power to take over your actions. 

Dustin's closest friends had already peddled away, leaving Dustin behind with his bike. He was alone, and you made the drastic decision to change that for him.

"Hey, jokester." You stood in front of him and smiled weakly, "I needed to apoligize for what I said. I have felt guiltly since it happend, and I'm upset about what I've done. No one should do that to you, you don't derserve it."

"It's okay, sweetheart." Sweetheart? Before you even had a chance to question this, your "least" favorite class-clown kissed you. 

You kissed back, and you didn't understand why, "I don't actually think your jokes are dumb." 

He laughed at you and kissed you again with unknown confidence, "You can officially make up for what happened by letting me take you out on a date?" 

"O-okay, Dustin." You and Dustin had liked each other, and all you had to do to realize your feelings was screw up and apoligize. 

A/N: Hi! I wanted to thank you for letting me reach another milestone! 200K and a high spot on #fanfiction ranks! I love you all dearly, and reading all your comments make me laugh. <3

wc: 579