⇋ Will Byers

Gym class was definitely your least favorite class of the day. You didn't consider yourself athletically inclined, so you wouldn't dare make too much of an attempt at participation. Why would you try to embarrass yourself? 

The class was not fun, all you did was play "safer" versions of sports games. Not one ounce of actual exercise. What good is that? 

You were just glad that you had people to socialize with in the class. You had Mike and Will with you at all times. The only time you seperated from them was in the locker rooms, of course. You had even convinced the teachers to keep you three on the same team everyday. 

"We are playing dodgeball today!" The teacher yelled to the group of energetic middle schoolers.

You looked over to Will, who was standing beside you, "It's our favorite game! The get-hit-in-the-head-several-times game!" You clapped sarcastically, which made Will laugh.

You, Will, and Mike migrated to the side of the gym you were assigned and stood behind everyone awkwardly. 

When the game started, Mike was the first player to get out. He was completely fine with being forced to sit on the bleachers, and watch all the snobby kids get foam balls thrown at them. It was hilarious. 

But, you and Will were not as fortunate as him. Somehow, all your teammates had gotten hit, and now it was only you and Will representing the team. No pressure, right? 

You huffed and began to pick up and catch the dodgeballs. You had got nearly half of the other team disqualified, which was very impressive for you. 

"Y/N! Watch out!" You heard Will warn you.  

You didn't move, and Will jumped in front of you. He got hit, obviously, then was officially out of the silly dodgeball match. 

You turned to thank him, then immediately got hit as well. You laughed as you realized Will's save didn't help at all.

You sat down next to him on the wooden bleachers.

"Thank you, Sir Byers! You saved me from the horrible killing dodgeball!" You acted as a damsel in distress. 

"No problem, my lady. The pleasure is all mine." He faked a bow. 

You both busted out into laughter. Gym class wasn't so bad today. 

A/N: Thank you for over 150K reads! Remember that I accept prompts/requests. I have been having writer's block lately! Help me out and be part of this book! 

wc: 438