Tobi+Josh

Tobi's

I woke up to the sound of Josh's phone ringing. I felt the bed away and move as Josh went to answer it.

"Hello?" He answered with a tired, groggy voice. There was silence while Josh listened to the other person talk.

"Okay, we will be there as soon as possible, thank you, bye," he said and brought the phone away from his ear. I was lying on my back with my eyes half open. Josh ran a hand through his hair and turned to face me. He put a hand on my cheek and ran his fingers over my skin. He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"It's time," he said with a wide smile on his face.

"For what?" I asked still not being fully awake yet. He giggled and moved so he was hovering over me.

"Time to go meet our baby," he said and that's when I finally realized.

"Oh shit, really? I thought Samantha wasn't due for another week," I said as I started to sit up. Josh chuckled and sat back as I sat up. I looked over at the clock and it was just after midnight. I rubbed my eyes as Josh got up and walked over to the closet. I swung my leg over the edge of the bed and followed him. We both got dressed and headed down the stairs to the front door. Josh grabbed the keys and I grabbed the baby bag we had packed and set by the door so we would be ready when we got the call that our baby was finally coming into the world.

We got in the car and started our journey to the hospital. On the way, I couldn't help but think of how we got to where we are now. Josh and I always talked about how adorable it would be to have kids around. Josh always wanted a girl and I always wanted a boy. Josh surprised me on my birthday by showing me a pregnancy test that was positive from a carrier. I started crying and laughing at the same time! When we told the rest of the lads, they were so happy for us, especially Vikk and Harry. They have both wanted kids together but decided to hold back until they moved in together. We decided that we didn't want to know anything about the baby except for that it was healthy.

I felt Josh put his hand on my thigh and I sighed and place mine on his hand. I continued to look out the window and into the darkness of the night.

"You excited?" Josh asked breaking the silence.

"And nervous," I said. It's crazy to think that at the end of the day, we are going to have our very own child to take care of. Josh chuckled.

"Scary to think that we will be parents very soon," he said and squeezed my leg. I smiled and realized we weren't that far from the hospital now. Josh parked the car and we walked into the hospital. We went to the front desk and Josh asked where our carrier, Samantha's, room was. Josh then grabbed my hand and led me to the smaller waiting room in the wing that her room is in.

It has been three hours since we arrived at the hospital. I was sat on the edge of my seat, my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands. My leg was shaking in anxiety, happiness, and nervousness.

"Relax Tobs. Try and get some sleep," Josh said as he rubbed my back and then pulled me to his shoulder. I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

I was awoken by someone lightly shaking me and the sound of voices.

"Are you two ready to see them?" An unfamiliar voice asked. I opened my eyes and saw a doctor standing in front of us.

"Absolutely," Josh said and looked over at me.

"Right this way," the doctor escorted us into a room with Samantha lying on a bed and there was a couch along the opposite wall. There were two cribs next to the bed and several nurses still about the room. The nurses started leaving which left me, Josh, Samantha, the doctor, and the baby. When we could finally see Samantha, she was holding not one, but two babies, one in each arm. She was smiling down at them and then looked up and noticed us.

"Well come over here and meet your babies," she said and smiled. I walked over with Josh not far behind. I stopped next to the bed and peered down at them. They were the most adorable and precious things I have ever seen in my life.

"So twins," Josh said sounding shocked. I was also shocked. She nodded.

"It was so hard to keep it from you guys," she said and handed one to me and the other to Josh.

"The one Josh has is the little girl, and Tobi has the little boy," she said and smiled widely. We both got what we wanted. I can't believe I'm the father to not one but two children.

The little girl had green eyes like Josh and tanned skin. She was a bit smaller than the boy. The boy had light brown eyes similar to mine. He too had tanned skin.

Later on in the morning while it was still dark out, the doctor had left and Samantha had fallen asleep leaving me and Josh and our children. We were sat on the couch, trying to decide names.

"How about you pick the first name of the girl and I'll pick the first name of the boy and then I pick the middle of the girl and you the middle of the boy?" Josh suggested. I nodded in agreement and started thinking of good names.

----------------------------------------------

Okay so I'm going to make a part two to this one because I'm out of ideas for new one shots. I want to continue to upload on this book but don't have any ideas so this is my last resort: making multiple parts. I don't generally like doing this because it kind of defeats the purpose of a oneshot. I might start doing this with the others I've already written as well until I can think of some new prompts. If you have any ideas please let me know. Until next time, Ilya, bye!