Chapter 5 - The Nightmare

Ayeeeee tharrrrrr. 200 reads!!! YASS!!! Just wanted to say I'm going to focus a bit more on this book than my others. Although I do have like... 5... NaLu drafts.... heh....
So enjoy (̑̑)

---

"Lucy?" Natsu looks back and forth between me and Sting. I step forward and he backs up. "Who's that?" He points to Sting. I clear my throat. "Oh erm right. Sting this is Natsu, Natsu this is Sting." Sting steps forward and puts out his hand. "So you're Natsu, eh?" He seizes him up. "Alright. I approve." I give Sting a questioning glance. "NaLu is now my OTP." Natsu looks confused. "He put our names together and made us a 'ship'. I don't understand it either." "A 'ship'?" Natsu asks. "Like the.. boat? Ship?" He puts his hand over his mouth. Sing copies his actions. "Not you too! You're supposed to be the cool smart one!" I slap Sting gently on his head.
Sting laughs it off and stands up while Natsu is still in the corner being a baby. "Hey, Lucy? Is Levy around? I need to fangirl with her." I sigh. "Yeah. She should be in the fourth apartment building that way." I point towards the window. "But be careful Gajeel can be pretty over protective." He nods and jogs out, Natsu shuts the door behind him. Natsu looks at me.

"So Luce, wanna tell me why he was here?" Natsu was getting the wrong idea. "Natsu." I walk over and put my hands on his face. He avoids my eyes. "Sting is my old best friend from elementary."

He looks at the ceiling.

"Well you two seem to have a lot in common." I tilt my head back. "You aren't in love or anything?" "Natsu yes, there was one point where I fell for Sting but someone else came into his life." He meets my gaze.
"The top thing we both have in common is that we both like boys." "Oh." I laugh. "He actually has a boyfriend right now named Rouge."

"Well now I.... I guess I thought-" I smash my lips onto Natsu's. When I pull away I honestly don't know how to describe his expression. I giggle. "Does that answer your question?" He smiles and leans towards my ear. "Maybe if you do it one, more time?" I bury my face into his chest and look up. "Always" he puckers and leans down. Right as he's about to hit my lips I swerve my head so that his kiss lands on my cheek.

"Just not right now." I pat his cheek. "Savage 101. Great life class." Natsu's blushing like mad. I walk towards the kitchen. "So what sounds good?" I get out a bowl and some eggs. "Cake. That was a dirty trick by the way." He pouts and I touch his nose. "Aw well I'm sure you'll get me back." He smiles slightly. "Just you wait! I'll draw on your face in your sleep! Heheheh" Sure he will. I mentally roll my eyes.

Gah I guess I do love this kid.

~~~

"Mmmm Natsu?" I hear the sheets ruffle as he drapes his arm over me. "Yeah, Luce?" I feel my tired self blushing. "D-do you love me?" He looks at me and sighs. "Again with this question Luce."
I prop myself up on one elbow facing him as he does the same. "Luce I love you with all of my heart." I can't help but bite my lip. I lay down on his chest. He's warm. "Well I love you with all of my boobs." He looks at me and laughs. "That was a joke, right?" I close my eyes and shake my head. "I would've said heart but...." I start to drift off. "My boobs are big-ger." I feel Natsu's chest shaking as he laughs quietly. "Goodnight Natsu." He kisses the top of my head.

"Goodnight Luce."

~

(Natsu's POV)

~

I stay awake for a long time. I lay in bed with Lucy in my arms for hours although it feels so much shorter. I was staring at the ceiling but I turn to look at her. She looks so pretty and peaceful. "Hsmmm" she whispers in her sleep. A piece of her beautiful blonde hair falls across her face and I delicately pushed it back behind her ear. I softly kiss her forehead.