Chapter 11 - The Brother

It was my birthday 🎉 woooo
______________________

(Lucy's POV)

"Natsu! Where the hell do you think you're going?!" The idiot in front of me freezes. "Who-who's this 'Natsu' you speak of? I am just an ordinary um" "I can see your pink hair sticking out from under your scarf." "I like pink okay? AND ITS SALMON!" I raise my eyebrows. "You know I am offended. You assume that just because I am a male I can't have pink hair. What kindof person are you? Pink is a wonderful color and enjoyed by all. And anyways, it's not pink, it's salmon, so it's technically orange and therefore you're being judge mental."
I slap my forehead. "Just go." He pulls his scarf down and gives me a quick peck on the forehead. He then salutes me and runs out the door, pushing up his scarf. Whispering "Ninshaaaaaa" all the way outside.

What a truly dense idiot.

I look down at my almost-four-months-pregnant stomach and rub it. "Thank god we don't have to worry about graduating high school. I have a feeling your father wouldn't make it." I giggle and lean my head against the wall, and sigh. "Your father...". 

Suddenly my phone rings.

"Hello?"
"Ms. Heartfilia?"
"Yes, that's me. What can I do for you?"
"I'm calling to discuss and schedule an appointment to check in and how your fetus is doing?" I crinkle my nose and try to stifle my laugh.
"O-okay?"
"Ms. Heartfilia, this is no laughing matter. When do you think you will be available?"
"Well I'm not really doing anything today...?"
"Very well. Stop by anytime today. I will tell Dr. Michelle to expect you."
She hangs up. To the doctor's office I go!

(Natsu's POV)

I'm outside Magnolia City Jail. It's dark and luminous aura is pushing me away, but Dr. Zeira was right. I need to find someway of letting go and seeing him for the first time in several years is going to bring back a lot of memories but I need to do it. I slowly walk up the steps and to the gate, pressing the buzzer. I hear a soft clock and the gate unlocks. I push forwards.
"Name?"
"Natsu Dragneel".
"Here to see...?"
"Zeref Dragneel".
"Ten minutes."
I nod my head in thanks and sit down on the bench, waiting for Zeref. Finally I see him. He's practically dragged in by a guard who shoves him onto a bench on the other side of the glass.
My eyes narrow, Zeref casts his head down. "Hello, Natsu." "Zeref."
We sit there for awhile. Him looking down at his cuffed hands and me, staring at him. Finally he breaks the silence. "Why did you come here, Natsu. After all these years, why now?" I clench my fists. "You, do not, get to ask, me, questions!" He lets out a small chuckle "I guess that's fair." My nails draw blood on my hand. I can't hold back anymore. My hand slams against the glass "WHY DID YOU DO IT ZEREF, WHY'D YOU KILL HER?! HOW COULD YOU KILL WENDY!".
A shadow is cast over Zeref's face and I could almost swear a tear ran down his cheek.
"Natsu I-"
I shake my head. "You know what, I don't want to hear it. I came here like Dr. Zeira said so now I can leave. Goodbye Zeref."
"Natsu please. I had to! S-she was hurt and I couldn't... I couldn't..." he starts crying. Giant fat tears run down his face and a waterfall of snot runs down and over his mouth. "She was in so much pain! She was crying and she was hurt. It was the hardest thing I've ever done but Natsu h-he hurt her Natsu! That damn bastard! He hurt my little... my little sister."
His hands are clenched together. Overall he looks pathetic.
"Stop making excuses you lame idiot." Zeref's eyes widen. "That's not the point!" "Then what is, Natsu?" I shake my head and begin to walk away.

"She said that she was sorry," I stop. "and that she loved you." Shaking my head, I continue walking. "Natsu, I'm sorry."

That concluded my trip to Magnolia City Jail.