Epilogue

(Natsu's POV)

"Mommmmm."
"Come on, one more picture!" Lucy pleads with Luke. "It's your first day of your senior year! I want a good picture! So smile!"
I laugh as Luke forces out a big grin. "That's my Lukie! Now go run off with your friends and have fun, okay."
"Mom calm down I'm not five."
I reach over to ruffle Luke's hair. "No, but you'll always be our baby." I point out. He just rolls his eyes and pushes my hand away, running towards his group of friends.
"Hey Ms. Heartfilia, Mr. Dragneel." Scarlet, Erza and Jellal's daughter, yells at Lucy. We wave in response.
Me and Lucy never actually got married. I don't really know why. I guess the opportunity never came up. At the hospital, I remember the nurses putting "Dragneel" on Luke's birth certificate. Lucy was enraged. I remember her screaming, "Did Mr. Dragneel over here give birth to this boy? No! I did! He is my son, and he forever will be. If I change my name, we will change his name, but until then he will remain a Heartfilia, as he should." I do not think I had ever been so proud of her.
"Blond-bimbo sucking up to mommy as always, huh?" I snap out of my trance to see Storm, Gray and Juvia's son, tackling Luke.
"Like fathers like sons." I turn to see Gale, Levy and Gajeel's first son say to Mason, their second son who was just starting high school. Mason rolls his eyes and nods, pretending to know what's going on, just as Freshman do.
"Erza, Levy, Juvia!" Lucy calls over her "mal pals" (as she calls them).
My "bal pals" (as Lucy calls them) follow behind.
Suddenly we hear a voice.
"Hey guys, wait up!" We turn to see Mirajane, running towards us. "Mira, why are you here?" Lucy asks Mira.
Unfortunately, Mirajane had a miscarriage and had never succeeded in becoming pregnant again. "I'm here to see off my favorite nieces and nephews, and to of course go out to brunch with my favs after!" She winks at Lucy.
"Yo," I say. "Where's Laxus?" Mirajane looks down sadly. "He said he didn't care enough to come but he does. He's just sad that we couldn't have a kid of our own. But, we have good news! Laxus has finally agreed to adopt!"
The mals embrace her in a group hug. "Congrats Mira!" She giggles. "Thanks guys!"

"Can we go now?" The adolescents impatiently ask.

The adults simultaneously roll our eyes. "Go." Several of us say in unison.
They run off, pushing and shoving each other as they go.

"I know the perfect spot for brunch!"

)~(

"So how long is it?"

I snap out of my trance. "I'm sorry, what?" I say. "Did Natsu just apologize?!" Gray yells from halfway across the room. "Shut up." I yell back.
"How long are you planning to wait until you have another kid?" "Huh?" That was not the question I expected, especially from Levy.
"Well, I mean, we're all only in our thirties. It's not too late. And you KNOW how much we want a little Natsu." "Because let's be honest," Gajeel buts in. "Luke is much more like his mom." He earns a smack on the head from Erza, Levy, snd Jellal.
"We were all thinking it." He smirks.
"I don't think Luce wants another kid." I reply. "The whole thing with Luke's twin really hurt her and I think she's just afraid she will have to go through that all again."
"Poor Lu..." Levy trails off, looking over at where Lucy's standing.
"Speaking of which," Erza starts. "Did you ever tell Luke about his twin?" She finishes. I shake my head. "It was really important to Lucy that we never tell him. I don't know why but I think she's once again afraid that it will ruin him as much her."
Everyone shakes their heads sadly.
"Hey, who is that Lu's talking to?" Levy asks. Everyone's eyes shift over to the young girl Lucy's talking to.

"Her hair looks just like yours, Natsu." Gray says as he sets himself down across from me.

I look and sure enough Lucy is talking to a beautiful girl with salmon hair.
~~~~~~~~~~~
(Lucy's POV)

"What do you want, hun?" I'm taking everyone's meal preference and going up to the front to going up to the front to order for the table. "I think I'll have a beef tenderloin, a bacon, egg, and cheese bagel, a blueberry pastry, and a chocolate croissant. Thanks Luce." Natsu pecks my left cheek and smiles. "Weirdo." I say, walking away.
I'm in line, going over everyone's orders in my head when a young girl bumps into me.

"Shoot, I am so so sorry." She mutters.
"Hey, it's alright. What's your name?" She looks up at me and smiles. Her striking hair seems so familiar.

"My name is Nashi." She smiles.

"Why aren't you in school, Nashi?" Nashi avoids eye contact with me. "I'm actually homeschooled."
"Any particular reason?" I ask her.
Her response is much too quick. "No." She states.

And that's when it hits me. "Your hair, it is the same color as my partners." Nashi seems to perk up a bit.
"Cool! I've never met anyone with my hair color before. Well, except my father. I've been told we have similar hair colors." I look at her strangely.
"Oh I'm so sorry." I say.
"No no! It's not like that! I'm sure my father is alive, there was just a problem with me at birth so I was transferred to my now-mom. My now-pa isn't fertile. So I'm sort of adopted? It's confusing." She says shaking her head.

"No, I get it." I say sadly.

"When I was pregnant with my son I was also pregnant with his twin sister, but, at the time my body was not strong enough to hold two babies so they had to remove one from my body. I think of my baby every day and I hope with all my heart that she was able to be transferred to a woman that loves her just as much as I would have, and do." Nashi smiles and sniffles.
"I'm sorry," she says. "I don't know why, but I'm getting a bit teary. I hope my biological mother feels that way."
I smile. "I'm sure she does.

We are interrupted by Natsu jogging over.
"Hey, what's going on?" He asks. "Who's this?"

That's when everything starts piecing together in my mind.
The hair, our too-similar situations, our feelings.
Tears begin to flow from my eyes and I pull Nashi into a hug. For once, Natsu realizes what is going on and so we stand there, crying.

We cry and we cry because we have finally found our Nashi.

_____________________
How was the ending? Satisfying? 
Leave questions in the comments!
Love you all!
Thank you for 45k!
-Ambs