Chapter 15 - The Place We Are

Didn't have any internet in Japan but I'm on my way back now! I barely remember what my normal life feels like but I know I don't want to go back. Thank you for staying with me through that trip and so much more.
Now for the chapter you've all been waiting for....
__________________

(Natsu's POV)
"Natsu..." it's midnight. Lucy's moaning about something. I roll over to face her empty side of the bed.
"Lucy, what is it? You're going to wake everyone else up!" I get out of bed and go look for her. A couple minutes later I find her at the top of the stairs, with one foot descended. "I can't see over my stomach to get down, it's to dark."
"Luce, you can't see over your stomach even when it's light out." Her eyes widen and her eyes well with tears. "I'm so fat" she says poking her stomach. "One more month, you'll be fine." I reply pulling her hand into mine.
"Now let's get you down the stairs."
Slowly, I help lower her down each step, making sure that she's safe every step of the way. When we get to the bottom of the stairs Lucy walks to the kitchen complaining about being water-hungry. I go to the living room and begin scrolling my social media pages when I hear the sound of glass shattering in the kitchen. I drop my phone and quickly run to Lucy, where I find her leaning against a wall with a broken cup at her feet.
"Luce, what's wrong?" Her face is contorted with pain.
"I something is sliding down my leg. My Pizza hurts." She grabs onto my arm. "Did you pee yourself?" She shakes her head and grips my arm tighter. "Is this what it feels like when your water breaks?"

Shit.

"What do we do what do we do?" I'm screaming, Lucy's screaming.
"Phone!" I grab the phone on the wall and shove it into Lucy's hand. "What am I supposed to do with this I- shit Natsu I'm having contractions." She screams again.

(Lucy's POV)
"Holy shit I'm giving birth holy shit shit grab some towels, it's gonna be a big one!" I'm screaming. Natsu's still screaming. He grabs the phone out of my hand and dials a number.
"Hello—911? My personal baby-carrier is giving birth and we're just teenagers. I don't know what to do and-..."
"Natsu I'm kidding." He turns to me.
"Yeah, ma'am, I'm going to have to call you back. What?"
"I mean I think my water broke but  I'm not giving birth. I think I'm currently in labor. I just wanted to see how much you know about this process." I trail off. "Apparently not much."
Natsu glares at me.
"Luce, this is serious. We have t even taken a parenting class yet. That was set up for next week."
"We'll be fine. We can take the class after. Remember that we will be parents within three days."
Realization dawns on Natsu.
"So we're the first?"
"First what?" I ask.
"To have a kid out of the group, right?" I smile and ruffle his hair. "Right."
"Alright," Natsu says, picking me up bridal style. "Now let's get you to the hos-nope too heavy." He sets me down and grabs my hand. "To the hospital!" He yells.
As soon as we open the door we come face to face with a police officer about to bang on our door. I'm immediately grabbed and pulled outside and into an ambulance. Things are being shoved into my face and some sort of shot goes into my back. A woman is telling me I'm going to be okay.
Natsu is shoved into the back of the ambulance and I glare at him.
"Hi so ma'am here's the thing." I'm just off by the woman shushing me. "Honey just rest, and don't push. We'll be there in a minute."

Natsu nervously grabs my hand. "Here we are, Luce." I smile and look up at him, "Here we are, Natsu. You ready?" Natsu looks at me, flabbergasted. "Am I ready? You're the one giving birth!" I smile up at him. "I don't know." He reaches down and wipes a tear from my eye that I didn't even know was there. "You know what I know?" I shake my head. "I know this wasn't our choice, I know that we didn't want this and I know that we've been preparing for this as much as possible because we are so determined to give our future kid everything we never had. But Luce," he brushes a fallen hair away from my face. "I know more than anything, that I love you. I will always be here for you, and I will always, always be here for our boy." "Natsu..."

He leans down and I lean as far up as I can. In that moment, as our lips connect, I know he means it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ma'am, is there anyone we should call?" The world is a series of blinking lights as I fade in and out of consciousness. "Ma'am I need you to stay awake, now can you tell me who I need to call?" "Fairytail High School" I faintly hear myself say. "How old are you? MISS.... Miss... miss."

They wouldn't let Natsu come back with me. All I can think of is him. I miss Natsu, I need Natsu.

He's the last thing I think of as I slowly slip away from consciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Natsu's POV)

I'm nervously pacing the floor of the maternity section of the hospital when Erza, Levy, Gajeel, and Gray show up. As soon as they reach me Levy grabs me by the shoulders and starts shaking me as hard as she can (which is surprising hard given how small she is). "POOR LULU, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT. IF YOU WEREN'T SUCH A DOOSH MAYBE SHE'D BE HAPPY AND FINE BUT NOOOOOOOO-" Her yells are quickly drowned out by Erza's strict, yet caring, voice. "Is Lucy alright?" She asks me. "I don't know. It's women only or something." I say. "Guys, I'm worried. All the nurses and doctor's seemed to be freaking out. What if she's not okay?"

"Since when does the great Natsu get worried?"

I glare at him. "Since the great Natsu has someone he cares about."

"Ouch." Gray replies. "I thought you loved me."

I smack him.

"That's cute." I smile right as Erza's pregnant fists connect with me and Gray's not-pregnant faces.

"Ouch." We say in unison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Lucy's POV)

Slowly, I open my eyes.

The first thing I do is look at my stomach.

"Shit, I'm still pregnant." I hear myself say.

A female nurse chuckles and turns around.

I freeze.

"Holy forking shit. You're that creepy woman from the baby shop. HELP." Immediately the woman rushes towards me and covers my mouth with her hand. "Look sweetie, I'm not going to hurt you. I work for your school. I worked in that shop for parents from your school to put them in the right direction and now I'm here to make everything easier. That's why I knew you were having a boy."

Everything makes so much sense.

"I am so so sorry that I just assumed-" The lady just smiles and shakes her head. It's alright. "I'm Risley, what's your name girly?" "Lucy." I smile up at her. "Are you ready?" I open my mouth to answer when suddenly a sharp pain shoots through the lower part of my body and I groan. "Lucy?" Risley grabs my hand. "Are you okay?" I shake my head as tears threaten to fall from my eyes. She starts to yell.

"It's time!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright. So here's the plan.

I PROMISED a double update so tomorrow I'm going to publish the next chapter. This is going to be the last official chapter. After that, the day after, (Friday), I'm going to publish the epilogue. Then, after that we'll have a Q & A where basically if there's any part of the book you're confused about or something you're wondering about me (really anything) you comment (any of the chapters, start comments now if you want), and I'll publish the answers. Then we're done! Thank you all for your patience and you're support. AND THANK YOU SO MUCH for the follows. ONE MORE and I'll be at 800. I love you all so much!

-Ambs