Chapter 12 - The Stares

Did I keep my promise? (Seriously, the is the beginning of the chapter, I have no idea!)
_____________________________

It was another nightmare.

I'm being wheeled forwards on a stretcher, my vision is blurring in and out. There's something over my mouth and I reach up to take it off. A hand grabs my wrist and I look up to see it belongs to Natsu. "Luce, leave it there. It's ok." I nod and he leans down to kiss my face.
"Wha-what's h-happening?" Natsu looks down and brushes a piece of hair out of my face as he's running alongside me.
"You're water broke baby, but you're gonna be ok." I'm confused. Doesn't that just mean I'm in labor. "What's wrong with that?" I ask Natsu.
"It won't stop"
Suddenly Natsu fades away and in comes the doctor. "Don't worry Lucy, one will survive."
"O-one?" The doctor grins and laughs maniacally.
"You're babies won't survive either way now, choose. You, your girl, or your boy?"
I shake my head. Nonono. "I can't choose!" I scream.
"Then you'll all die."
Natsu's back. "You deserve this! How could you not tell me?" Natsu now holding two bloody babies. "This is what happens with dishonesty." His head lols to the side, now Natsu is dead.
"Why." I whisper.
"I don't want to choose."

I wake up in cold sweat, but shivering. Natsu's not lying next to me. I get up to go look for him.
"Natsu?" I call, turning on the lights. "You there?" Slowly I inch my way down the hall. "Natsu? Answer me please." My heart's beating faster than ever.

I scream.

"Hahaha got you!" I glare at him.
"Never jump out at my again you dumbo!" I playfully punch his shoulder.
Suddenly I'm in the air, upside down, and Natsu's laughing. "Put my down you idiot!" "Nope!" He's running and twirling my around. "Natsu you're gonna hurt the babies!" Natsu's face suddenly stones and he puts my down, patting my stomach. He kisses it. "I'm sorry." I grin.
It's been 5 months now and I have 3 days left to make my decision. Natsu still doesn't know.
"Watchu thinkin' bout Luce?" I look up, startled. "What? Oh nothing." He gives me the 'suspicious glare'.
I walk into the kitchen and begin grabbing materials for pancakes when I feel two hands snake around my waist. I put one of my hands on his. I feel his warm breathe on my neck as he smiles.
"Luce." He whispers.
Suddenly I feel myself blushing. My hearts beating fast in my chest.
He spins me around and I drop a plastic measuring cup on the floor. I begin to reach down to pull it up but instead he pushes me against the counter, leaning in close. "N-Natsu what are you-"
He presses his finger against my lips.

"Hey Siri."

Leave it to Natsu to ruin a perfectly sexy moment.

"Natsu" I try to say, except his finger blocks my pronunciation and it comes out more like "Nstu".

"Shhhhhh" he whispers.
"SIRI! HEY SIRI!"

I try in vain yet again to gain his attention.

"SIRI YOU FUCKING BASTARD ANSWER ME!"

Finally I break free from the clutches of Natsu's sweaty hand. "Natsu you idiot, we don't have any apple products!" Natsu looks crestfallen. "I'm done. Let's just go out to eat." I grab his hand and lead him out the door.

〜〜〜

When we walked into the restaurant that's when I first felt the stares. I mean it's natural for people to stare. I'm a pregnant seventeen-year-old. Why wouldn't they stare?
"Table for two?" I smile. "Yes please." The waiter leads us to a cute little two person booth. As we sit down he hands us two menus and forces out a quick smile. He quickly walks away like he's embarrassed to be anywhere near me.
I can't help but imagine that it would be almost the exact opposite if a different high-school had been chosen.
But if a different high-school had been chosen I wouldn't be with Natsu right now.
I watch him, carefully studying his menu like it was the most important thing in his life.
Is he worth it?

He looks up and notices me staring. "Like what you see?" He grins cheekily. I laugh. "You wish, I'd like you a lot more if you were a mirror." His grin widens. "Even with all these stares?"
My eyes widen. Did he really just say that? His mouth forms an 'o', realizing what he just said. "Gee, Luce. I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"Than how did you mean it?" I shake my head.

Don't cry Lucy.

"I don't want to be the crying pregnant teen." I whisper. Natsu's eyes fill with sympathy. He gets up and for a minute I think he's going to leave. Instead he walks over to my side of the booth. "Scoot over." I look up at him surprised, but obey. "We're not going to fit, this seat is meant for one and I'm fat now and-"

I'm silenced with his lips against mine. I let out a squeak before he pulls away, and looks into my eyes. I grin and move my head closer to his. My lips brush his once again when I hear a quiet cough coming from behind us.

"E-excuse me? If you two are quite done." Says a rathe feminine voice. I turn towards the lady. "Yes?" I say politely. She brings her notepad out and looks directly at me. "The previous waiter felt uncomfortable given this girl's current position so I will be taking over. Natsu's fist clenched together.

"He what?"

The lady starts to ramble. "God, lemme tell you. When I was young people didn't sleep together if they didn't want to get pregnant. Kids these days are idiots and-" Natsu stands up, almost taking the table with him. Both me and the lady's eyes widen.

"You think that this," He gestures to my stomach, "was our choice?" His nose crinkles up in disgust. "This was forced. Not by our parents, not by our siblings, not by one of us but by the government."

He races his voice and stands up on the booth chair.

"LOOK AT WHAT YOUR GOVERNMENT DID." He screams to the restaurant. "They threatened us, yet bribed us at the same time. They are using teenagers as lab rats. This is who you voted for." He sat back down. "We'll take three large cheese pizzas." He says.

"And they better be cheesie as hell."

_________________________

Sorry this is late. Gah I hate everything right now :( except you guys ):

We're setting goals again :)
For next chapter::::::
//45 votes//
////and////
//30 comments//

Anyways, peace and thank you all for 13k

🌈ᎯℳℬЅ🌸