Chapter 6 - The Sickness

I love that picture. It's so cute ^x^

But I think I'm going to go back through and name the chapters...
---

(Still Natsu's POV)

Lucy hasn't been feeling well these past few days so I decided to wake up early and make her a nice and yummy breakfast.

It's been three months since she first found out she was pregnant and two months since her first nightmare about me and the baby. She's had the same nightmare over and over several times but I'm always there when she wakes up. I'm honestly not getting much sleep but it's worth it for her. Someone from the government, who's name we have yet to discover, checks up on us once a week (sometimes every other) at random. We have no idea when she'll show up.

I flip the pancakes I'm working on and plop three new ones on the plate next to me. Giving the pancakes a total of 9. I think. I'm still counting off on my fingers when Lucy walks in.

Well... more like staggers. I quickly turn off the stove and run over to her. "Heyyyyy. What're you doing out of bed Luce? You should be resting." She falls into my arms. "Felt... bad" she whispers. I pick her up and walk over to the couch and lay her down. "Luce you're sick! You should be resting! Especially with the baby!" I bring over a bowl and a cool, wet washcloth. I place the washcloth on her forehead and kiss her cheek. She tilts her head slightly and pecks the air right next to my face.

I chuckle slightly.

"I made breakfast whenever your ready. She nods and closes her eyes. One of her hands drifts down to her baby bump. She rubs it softly. I push a hair out of her face before standing up and serving myself some pancakes. I quickly make one more before serving myself five and sticking the last five in the microwave so they won't get cold. I take out the chocolate sauce, the whip cream and the strawberries and pile them all on my pancakes. I'm about to grab a fork and a knife when I realize no one uses those anymore.

Screw it. I think and just shove my face in.

I hear a small laugh coming from the side of the room. I push whip cream out of my eyes before looking at Lucy. She's smiling and slightly giggling. Suddenly she starts coughing and I run over to her and pat her back, holding the bowl up to her face. She loudly coughs up all of her food from yesterday.

I just rub circles into her back and whisper "shhh" to her the whole time.

"I feel so useless!" I mutter. She looks up at me with a bit of saliva running down her chin. I grab a cloth and wipe it off.

"Why can't I be the sick one?! You're already going through so much!!" She reaches up and places a hand on my cheek. This time she's the one sympathizing me. "Natsu. You're doing.... all you can." She smiles weakly. "And..." she coughs. "It's not like I'm dying." I give a small laugh. "Yeah I guess you're right. Now sleep." She slowly nods and sink back into the pillow.

I wish there was something I could do....

"Luce, is there anything I can do to make you feel the littlest bit happier?" She coughs and looks at me. "You Na-tsu". I smile.

"I'll stay here until you feel better". I pick her up and move her so that I can sit on the couch. I lay her head on my lap and stroke her hair. Her shoulders slump and I can soon feel her falling asleep.

Soon enough I fall asleep myself.

~~~

Suddenly I wake up. I notice Lucy still in my lap. I quietly move her and stand up to find the phone.

Gray - "Heya, who's this?!"

Me - "Icefreak it's me."

Gray - "Sorry in not sorry but I don't know a 'me'. Call again later".

I slap my forehead.

Me - "Gray! It's Natsu! I need your help!"

Gray - "Sorry I don't know a Natsu. The closest to that would be flamebrain. He's this really annoying guy who-"

Me - "Alright I get it!!!"

I can hear him smirk.

Gray - "So what can I do for you flameman?"

Me - "Well it's not so much you but isn't Juvia's mom a nurse?"

Gray- "Um yeah.... she's learned a bit of her mom's medical ways I guess. Why?"

Me - "Lucy's really something and I really just want to have her get a checkup."

Gray - "Right. We'll be over soon."

Me - "Thanks Gray"

I hang up.

I slowly shake Lucy awake. "Luce. Juvia's gonna give you a check up, ok? Just to see if we should be worried or not." She rubs her eyes and nods. "You wanna eat something when we're waiting?" She nods again and I help her up.

"Do pancakes sound good." I set her down in one of the chairs. I don't wait for her answer. I take the leftover five pancakes from the microwave and put them on a plate. I place them down in front of her. " I get my scarf and dangle it over my arm. "Would you like anything with that Miss? On the menu today me have water.... water and some water." She looks at me and lets out a small hearty laugh.
"I'll take some- wAter" she sneezes. "Good sneeze" I say and pat her her head. "Helps get the bugs out." She smiles. "Ok."

Just as Lucy's about to put her first bite of pancake in her mouth our front door comes falling down.

And let me just tell you right now.

That it wasn't Juvia.

---
Hey there!!! 👋

Whatcha think?

Sorry it took me a couple days to publish but I worked hard and I hope you liked it!!! As you've probably noticed I went through ad named all my chapters with some very amazing names so let me know what you think of that please.

Now if you like this please, keep reading, comment, vote, follow, read my other books, and all that great stuff.

Love you alllllll!!!

For next chapter:::::

8 Votessss
///
And
///
9 Comments

///

Does that seem excessive???? Nahhhh

Alrighty then.

Baiiiiii and thx for almost 700!!!

-Ambs