Chapter 16 - The Birth

800 followers, thank you!
____________________

(Natsu's POV)
Screaming. I hear lots and lots of screaming.

"Shit shit shit shit shit shit."

My muttering and pacing continue for quite awhile.
"Natsu." I look up. Gray is standing a couple feet away. "You know everything is going to be fine, right?" I look at him, nervously I nod my head and smile. "No you don't, c'mere." Before I can respond I'm pulled into a headlock with Gray's fist ruffling my hair. You're going to be a great Dad.
I just shake my head.
"What?" Gray removes his hand from my head and we both slide against the wall.
"I don't know." I reply, "I just don't think we're ready."
As soon as I say that, Gray'd fist connects with my face.

"What the hell was that for?!" I yell at him.

"Cut the sullen emo crap! Of course you're not ready, no about-to-be-parents are ready! No one is apparently ready for anything so shut it you dim-witted moron." I wipe a fake tear off my not-so-fake-cheek. "You're a fucking asshole you sweet-hearted asshole."
Another punch to the face.

>•<

"Why is it taking so long, do you think she's okay?" I start to panic in front of all of my friends. "Holy shit, what if she's dead?"
"She's not dead Natsu. Oh Lu, she's not dead is she? Gajeel, if she's dead..."  "Shut up shrimp, she's fine." "The hormones are making them crazy." "I'm not crazy. Oh Lu, am I crazy?" "Shrimp, I said shut up."

The side conversations are going to drive me crazy.
Suddenly, however, we are interrupted by an ever-so-crude nurse. "Excuse me, sir?" He CRUDELY interrupts. "You can't have animals in here." Gajeel looks down at his cat, Lily. "Pardon?" He says, even more crudely.

"It's a battle of the crudes." I hear Levy whispers to Gray. "Oof." Gray chuckles.

"You want me to take my Lily, outside?" Gajeel takes a step towards the nurse. "Well then pal," he spats "you've got another thing coming." He threateningly jabs at finger against the man's chest.

"Security!" The nurse screams in a very feminine voice.

"Worth it." Gajeel yells as he's "guided" away.

"Sorry guys, tell us how everything goes and explain this to Lu for me, will you?" Levy races after Gajeel, pleading with the security guards.

"That's Gajeel for you." Erza says shaking her head. "If I was Elfman I would say he should act more like a man, but I'm not. So here I am saying he should act more like a woman." Erza puts her fist to her heart as her eyes sparkle. "Ah yes, the sweet smell of a feminist. They are near, who will it be? Oh look, tis' me!" She giggles to herself.

Gray turns to me, scarred.

"Did she just rhyme, and then giggle?" I shake my head. "Two things I did not think possible of Erza." Erza walks over to available waiting room seats and starts flipping through the pages one by one. Occasionally I'll hear a faint "Yas Queen!" or "mmhmm that ass slays!"
Me and Gray share a moment before shaking our heads and heading over to join her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Lucy's POV)

A cry fills the room.

"Congratulations Ms. Heartfilia, you have given birth to a beautiful, healthy boy."
I sink back into my pillow in relief. I can feel my eyes slowly drifting closed right as Natsu barges in the door.
"Luce!" He rushes over to my side and grabs my hand. His grip is gentler than anything I have ever felt before. I chuckle to myself. "He's okay." I hear myself whisper. "He's more than okay Luce, he's perfect." A soft kiss is planted on my forehead. "You did it. I'm so, so proud of you." I smile to myself.
"I love you."
And with that, I slowly drift off to sleep.

|||

When I wake up I look to find myself surrounded by my friends. "She's alive!" Natsu shouts wringing his arms around my neck. "Good job Luce! You really are amazing." He says. "Humph." I look over to see Gajeel being comforted by Levy.
"What's up with him?" I ask Natsu quietly. "He got kicked out earlier and now he's being a pussy."
"IS THAT A PUN BECAUSE I GOT KICKED OUT FOR THE PRICE OF MY LILY?! GET READY TO DIE, DRAGNEEL." I watch as Gajeel mentally strangled Natsu to death. Fortunately, two nurses walks in.
"Ms. Heartfilia, Mr. Dragneel, are you ready to meet your son." I slowly nod as he's softly lowered into my arms.
"Hi Luke." I whisper gently. "Luke?" It was Levy who spoke. "You never told us you had a name."
I feel a little ashamed.
"Oh, sorry. Natsu, what do you think?" I wait a couple seconds.

"Natsu?"

I trail off as I look at him. Luke has his little hand wrapped around Natsu's pointer finger. Natsu seems to be in a sort of trance. "It's beautiful." He says as a tear falls from his eye. "He's beautiful."

_____________________
*Wipes tear*
Y'all I'm making my self cry here.
(That's really all I have to say so thanks)

-Ambs💃