Chapter 13 - The Decision

Happy Thanksgiving! What are you thankful for? I'm thankful for the 18k people who have read my book! Thank you! (I'm also thankful for my cat, Bubbles, love you baby)
________________________

(Natsu's POV)

"I can't take it anymore, Natsu!" She slam's her keys down on the counter, kicking off her heels. "Woah Luce, chill."

"Chill?! You want me to," She makes quotation marks in the air with her hands, "chill?!"

I pull on my shirt nervously.

"God I hate this! I'll just never go out into public again cause apparently every time I do someone makes fun of me or makes me feel like total shit." I pull her close to me. She tries to get away, but I won't let her.

"Lucy." I whisper. Stroking her hair. "This isn't your fault. You have nothing," I pull her back so that we are looking eye to eye, "nothing, to be ashamed of. You are a strong girl. You are being forced to carry not one but two babies. Two of my babies." I grin. "Our babies." She gives a fake smile before looking down at the floor.

"Our babies."

I nod and kiss her forehead, then her nose.

She pulls away.

"Natsu- listen. We need to talk."

Aw shit.

Those are never good words in a relationship. "Alright." I say nervously, guiding her over to the couch.

                                •••••

"What do you mean you have three days left? Three days left of what."

Lucy doesn't talk.

"Oh god Luce, don't tell me your dying."

Again she doesn't talk she just plays with her hands.

"Lucy!" She jumps, her eyes widening as she whimpers. I pull her in. "Lucy, look I'm sorry. But you have to talk to me. I have no idea what's happening and I have no way of knowing unless you talk."

A single word escapes her lips. How I wish she had left them shut.

"Alright."

She pulls back until we're sitting face to face, our knees touching, our hands intertwined.

"You know I love you," she begins, "and I would never, ever do anything intentionally to hurt you. Everything I do is for you and our baby."

My blood runs cold.

"Baby?" I whisper and her face pales. "You said baby, didn't you!" I stand up abruptly, knocking the chair back. "You lied." She shakes her head and her eyes glaze over.

"YOU LIED ABOUT US HAVING TWINS?!"

I rake my hands through my hair, I can't believe her. "Is this some joke to you? I thought you love me? I thought I loved you? I don't even know who you are anymore. I STOOD UP FOR YOU! How could you lie?" Lucy is sinking to the floor, using the wall to support her. She's a mess. Water welling in her eyes. A single tear falls down her left eye.

She's sad.

I run to her, wrapping her in my arms. "There's more, isn't there?" She nods without looking at me. "My body can't handle both. They say this whole thing was too sudden and I'm too young. We need to choose one to lose." I stroke her hair lovingly.

"I'm sorry."

(Lucy's POV)

"I'm sorry too" I whisper and cup his cheek leaning in for a kiss. Our lips lock in a loving embrace and his hand cradles my stomach. Our lips move in sync as our kiss becomes more and more passionate with each passing second.

Finally I pull a way. "You likes hat didn't cha, can't get enough O' this can you got stuff?" He smirks and slaps his check like a gorilla. "I love you." I say for the millionth time today. "I know." He whispers, kissing me again.

"So who are you going to choose?"

"I don't know. Although what if I let them choose?" His drifting attention snaps back to me.

"What?"

"The Doctors. They can see which ones the healthiest and which one would do best living and growing inside another woman."

"What?" I smile. "The other baby might have a change at survival we just... wouldn't be able to... keep her?"

He hugs me. "Oh Luce." Natsu stops and grabs my hand. "Wait a second. Can't babies be born at 22 weeks?" "Well yeah but most have to stay at the hospital because they haven't fully developed yet. And it doesn't work with twins I don't think. I would have to give birth now and that just isn't going to work." His shoulders sink. "C-couldn't we at least ask or something?" I crawl over and into his lap. "Natsu," I place his hands on my stomach. My pretty large stomach. "We need to say good bye."

(Natsu POV (again ;))

Something hits my hand. Lucy sits up in shock. "Luce?" I question nervously, moving my hands from her stomach. "N-no! P-ut-t then back!" I quickly put my hands back in their previous position. I feel it again, harder this time. Twice.

Bum bum.

Twice. One, two.

Bum bum.

There it is again.

"Natsu, I think the babies are kicking." She stands up only to fall over again. Worriedly, I grab her arms as she falls, slinging it over my shoulder. "I've got you."
She smiles gratefully and winces in pain, moving her free hand to rub circles into her stomach. "Someone at the office will want to know." I smile and nod. "Yeah, lets go."

_________________________

Alright so I know it's not thanksgiving yet but I just wanted you all to have it before then. Thank you again for the 18 thousand plus reads. This means the world. Also I know we didn't reach our goal for the next chapter so what I'm going to do is I'm going to wait for the previous chapters previous chapter to be completed and add this chapter onto that one.  Does that make sense? Basically I'm adding the chapters together to equal the previous goal. Cool beans? I'll probably update in a week or two. Also sorry this was so ouch shorter, I just had some free time right now and wanted to throw together a little something for you guys. Hope you liked ;).

Thanks again y'all,
🌈ᎯℳℬЅ🌸