1. Waking up

White, all I see is white as my eyes flutter open. Voices, talking, "will she be okay?" A female voice I recognize as Taylor's asks. "Look, this is the tenth time you've asked me, and this is the tenth time I've told you, its to early to tell, I'm worried about my Luna as well, and there is a lot of pressure on me to make sure she comes out of this alive, and there is something I haven't told you, something that might be wrong with her if-" a growl is heard "when! When she wakes up." "And what might that be?" All of a sudden its like the life comes back into my body, I groan as I try to sit up and Taylor and the Docter's head whips in my direction and Taylor springs out of her chair. "Whoa whoa whoa whoa! Stay down, stay down." She says placing a hand on my shoulder. I nod and look around the room noticing two people missing that I really want to see.

"Xavier?" Is what I try to say but all that comes out is something of a hiss of air that makes pain erupt around my throat. "No.." I hear the Docter say before Taylor yells. "Whats wrong with her!" She says whipping around on her. "Taylor, I need you to calm down as to not alarm her, thsi is what I was afraid of, Taylor. Eclipse?" She says looking at me, "can you speak for me?" I shake my head instantly, the pain in my throat still ebbing away.

"Why not?" She asks. I look around for a second before nodding my head and trying to speak, but all that comes out when I try to say 'pain' is another mix of a hiss and air and my hands fly to my throat as pain erupts once again and the Docter nods her head. "Thats what I thought, Eclipse, I hate to tell you this and it pains me, but, your mute, Eclipse." And its like my world stops, I'm mute, I can't talk, how can I be a Luna, Luna queen none the less if I can't even talk?

"Eclispe? Eclipse, are you okay?" Taylor's voice comes through my ears sounding like an echo, "she's in shock, just give her a minute." The Docter's voice enters my ears and sounds like an echo as well.

Dark Moon whimpers in my head and puts her head down scratching her head as she lets out howls.

Mute.

I am mute.

Then its like the world gets unpaused and I am brought back to reality. Xavier. I link Taylor and it sounds like a whisper as it sends. She quickly nods before her eyes cloud over. They come back into focus and she sits down next to me. "How does it feel to link?" The Docter asks me. Weird, slight pain, I don't like it. I whisper to Taylor through the link and she repeats it to the Docter. "So that means it hurt your wolf as well, you were in wolf form so that makes sense, would you like some paper?" She questions and I nod my head, she quickly goes to the counter and grabs a notebook and pen. "Here you go," she says handing it to me.

Thank you, I write and she nods her head. "No problem-" just then the door is slammed open and Xavier rushes in. "How long has she been up!?" He yells to the Docter who's name I don't know, "not long, Alpha, please, keep your voice down so you don't scare her." His eyes turn to me and soften. "Eclipse, I, I thought I wouldn't, I thought I had-" I shake my head and he comes and sits son the other side of the bed before wrapping his arms around my neck in a hug, I wrap my arms around his neck and breath in his scent, we let go and I kiss him on the lips and he kisses me back.

"How are you?" He asks, "does anything hurt?" I look at Taylor and she gets the hint, "Xavier?" He looks at her, "there is something you need to know," he continues to look at her, a silent way of saying continue, "Eclipse can't, she can't, she's," she sighs and looks at me, I tap his shoulder and pick up the pen before writing. I can't talk, Xavier. He looks at me for a second before nodding, "that's okay, I can wait till you can talk-" I shake my head and point at the writing again.

He looks at it for a second before looking me in the eyes, "Your not?.... are you?" I nod my head and write down, mute. He looks at the page before looking at me then the Docter. "How long?" He says, "Alpha I, the rogue hit her voice box, it could be, for, for forever, Alpha." He shakes his head, "I won't take that, I'll figure something out Eclipse, we'll figure something out." I shake my head. Later. He nods his head. "Yeah, I-I can do that."

I smile and tap my wrist, "Time? Oh, it's seven in the morning." I nod before writing. How long? "Were you out? Two weeks, I thought it would be longer but..." the Docter trails off. My eyes widen as I realize what that means. I'm seventeen? I write, "Today, actually, why-? Taylor trails off as she realizes, then I remember something else. Oh my gosh! What about Monica! Is she okay? Through everything that thought got lost! I link to Taylor is worry feeling the pain that comes with it. "She's fine Eclipse, I found her after everything, And I said sorry like fifty times and she said she completely understood, and forgives us" She says and I sigh. Did we loose anyone?  I write with fear in the pit of my stomach. "Actually, no, surprisingly, no one was killed, many injured, but none killed." Xavier says and I sigh again. Thank goodness, I don't think I coud handle if someone died because of me.

"Can I leave?" I write, "ehm, yes, if you want, let me get you your medication and the papers, then you may go Luna," I winch when she says Luna but nod none the less. Once she leaves I turn to Xavier, "What happened?" I question him on the paper, "after I passed out, I mean." I specify.

He sighs, "well, after you passed out, which was from blood loss I might add, all the rogues retreated, I guess all they wanted was you dead, but they did not succeed, anyways, I rushed to you and I thought you were dead, I checked for a pulse and thought there wasn't one, it was so faint, and I felt the pain you were going through." I winch at that, I had forgotten that when mates get married they can feel each others pain- "and what you went through felt like pain, though I know it was worse for you, I can't even imagine, anyways, Taylor came up behind me, and having had practice as a Docter found your pulse and said we had to get you to the hospital stat, so I picked you up and we ran, we got you here and she took care of you, and that's pretty much it."

I think for a moment before writing, "who howled?" "What?" He says, "before I passed out I heard two powerful howls." I write, "oh! I completely forgot about that, it was your parents, they said they sensed you were in danger or something, left the safe room and came out there, the first one was your mom, she saw you first, the second your dad, he was right behind her." I nod, "thought so.." I write and lean back with a sigh.

There is a lot to figure out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woooooo! First chappy up!

Love me?

Hate me?

Let me know!

QOTC! How did you like the chapter?

Bye for the first time on this book my fabulous potato turtles!

Word count!
1340!

Not to shabby for a first chapter!

The stories we love best live in us forever.

                                                    j.k.rowling