Twenty-Two ~ Oh No

~~~~~~~
Xavier
~~~~~~~
"Hey June, have you seen Eclipse? I know she went to help you with your son's birthday party so I was just wondering if you knew where she went after that," I say as I come into the kitchen where June is.

"She never came to the party," she says as she prepares a sandwich.

"What."

"Yeah, I just assumed she got cought up with some Luna stuff and didn't have the chance to tell me she couldn't make it." She shrugs.

"So you haven't seen her all day?" I question, my tone getting more serious. "Uh, No? What's the matter Alpha?" She says placing down the knife to look at me.

"The last time I saw her was when I got up this morning." I say as my heart slowly drops.

"Er, I'm sure she's just out, or doing some Luna stuff! She does also like to run doesn't she??" She reasons.

"Uh, yeah, let me link her. . " I trail off as my eyes fade over.

"Eclipse?" I link, getting no response. "Eclipse I know it hurts to link but please can you respond?" No answer.

"Just one word? I need to know you're safe." Silence.

I feel my heart in my stomach as the worst comes to mind. Maybe she just fell asleep in the woods?

"Taylor?" I link my beta. "Yeah?" She replies after a moment. "Have you seen Eclipse?"

"Not since this morning, no."

"Where was she headed when you saw her?" I question. "Uh, a birthday party I believe, said she promised June she'd help."

My heart stops and I freeze. June looks at me, worry etched into her expression.

"Are-are you sure?" I question, my voice wavering, even in my mind.

"Yeah? Xavier, what's wrong with Eclipse?"

"She never went to the party. . I haven't seen her since this morning. ."

Taylor doesn't respond, and without any distraction, panic begins to curse through my veins. June approaches me, "Alpha?" She goes to put her hand on my shoulder before freezing, and then slowly dropping her hand to her side.

"Is Luna okay?" She says, assumingly she realized she shouldn't touch me. "I- I don't know." I say honestly. "Alpha, is there anything I can do?"

"Where was the party to be held?" I question, my voice quivering.

~~
"I can't even get a scent!" I yell, aggrevated as I punch a tree. "Yo, Xavier, calm down." Taylor comes up behind me, grabbing my shoulder and turning me around.

"Calm down? Calm down!? You expect me to calm down when my ma-"

"Stop! She screams at me, her face hardening. No I don't expect you to calm down! Your dang mate is missing for wolf sakes! But you don't need to go around punching things, because if you don't calm down we won't fine Eclispe. So don't you dare yell at me!" Her voice cracks and my features soften.