11. Betrayal

My eyes widen and I bolt out of the cellar and shift as my feet it the grass, the only thought going through my head is he's okay. I seem to get to the pack house twice as fast. I bust through the door and shift before running to the hospital part of the house. 

Is he awake? A voice comes through my head. Yes. My voice is less than a whisper and sends horrible amounts of pain through my body as I reply to Taylor. But I ignore it all my mind is on right now is the fact that my mate, my other half, is alright.

I stop right at his door and take a deep breath. "Eclipse?" A weak voice enters my ears making me turn the doorknob and quickly walk in. There is Xavier, sitting with a few wires and tubes connected to him.

I lightly walk over to his bed and sit down by him. His arm immediately reaches out and engulfs me in a hug, pulling me down so my head is rested on his chest. I look up at him and peck him on the lips as the guilt eats away at me. Had I come sooner, or had I not left, he wouldn't be hurt. "Eclipse, I know what you're thinking, this isn't your fault," he says and I nod.

A knock is heard and then a voice I know as Taylor's, "hellloooooo, may I come in Sir Alpha Sir," she says making Xavier laugh, "if you must," Taylor then walks in with a smile on her face followed by Monica. "I hope it's okay that I came," "of course it is Monica," she smiles and her and Taylor grab a chair.

"So....... what happened?" Taylor asks. I give her a look for a second and she gets it. I don't want Xavier knowing what is going on, I want to give him a few days rest, then I'll tell him, I think I might see a fight in the future. "Well, I don't honestly know, one second I am just sitting in my office, the next I am shot in the side with what I think was wolfsbane, then attacked, I was too weak to fight back.."

"What did the wolf that attacked you look like?" She asks. "Um, light brown, I think, though it was very matted and dirty so it looked brown. She nods, "do you know if it was male or female?"

"Um, I think male," she nods again, "okay, what direction did you get shot from?" "It was out of the window behind me, so the back." "Mkay, anyways, how are you feeling?" She asks and he sighs.

"Like I was shot in the back with wolfsbane and attacked by a rogue.." I attempt to sit up so I can look at him but Xavier keeps his grip making me sigh and roll my eyes at him. "Nope, I'm holding you," I glare at him. Mates, am I right? Taylor's voice enters my head and I nod in her direction.

"Oh, Cage and Jake said they would come by shortly," Xavier nods before sitting up a bit straighter, I take his moment of distraction to escape from his arms, making him growl.

Luna, there is a problem on the east border, we could use your assistance. A voice enters my head and I sigh. I stand up and wave to Xavier. "Will you be back?" I roll my eyes before mouthing a duh and leaving the room. Before I close the door I hear Taylor say, "well, we'll leave you to rest and join your mate," "okay, be safe guys," "duh."

"So, what seems to be the problem?" Taylor asks. I sigh and touch my mouth with my finger. "Okay, well, I'll assume something is wrong?" I nod. "Okay, lead the way!" I nod again as I bust through the front door and jump of the stairs, shifting just as my feet hit the ground. East border, east border, kay.

We are just getting deep into the woods when a scent makes me pick up my pace, a scent I don't want to smell.

Blood.

I quicken my pace even more not caring if I am leaving Taylor and Monica behind. Luna? It's really bad, we don't know if they are going to-

I break through the trees to see a horrid scene in front of me. Eight people in total. Five in wolf form, three in human. I hear two growls from behind me and know that Taylor and Monica have made it. Taylor shifts back first. "What happened here! Tell me!" She yells advancing on one of the patrol guards who's name I do not know.

"We're not sure, we heard growling and snapping and came to investigate, by the time we got here the attackers were gone and they were like this." I sniff around and find a scent, they came from the inside. I snap at them to get their attention and Monica comes over still in wolf form. I feel her make a link between those of us here and open up. They came from the inside, we can smell their scent. That's when I hear a sound, like a whimper. My guard immediately goes up and I search for the source of the sound.

I find it and am shocked to see that it came from a small wolf. The wolf is skinny to the point I can see its bones and is white, it has a dark brown spot over its left eye, its right ear and the tip of its tail and noes. The wolf looks no older then ten and appears to be female. Monica comes up next to me and shifts. "Hello? Could you shift back for me please?" The wolf whimpers again but does as told. What now stand in front of us is a young girl with light brown hair and fair skin, looking just as starved as she did in wolf form.

"Oh my word," Monica says under her breath. "Can you tell me your name?" "I-its Al-Alice.." she says before going into a fit of coughs. A growl is heard from behind us back at the scene. "There's a rogue!" There is the sound of feet on ground before a wolf breaks through the trees to where we are, about to lunge for the girl.

I immediately throw myself in front of Alice. There is a sharp pain in my side and I know that he couldn't stop. The wolf lets go of me and whimpers before shifting back. "Luna! I'm so-" I cut him off by growling and snapping my teeth. Monica then turns on him, backing him up to a tree with long strides. "You know how this pack works, heck I know and I've only been Delta for a few weeks! When there is a rogue we do not immediately kill it! Its a felony in this pack! That girl could be no older than ten! And look what happened! Ecl- your Luna is now hurt, because of you! I know for a fact that Xav- Alpha will not be happy with you!"

She then turns to look at me as I look at the blood running down my side, he bit hard, I'm glad it was me. "Luna, I'm really, really sorry," he says as he walks towards me,I let out a low warning growl and he continues. He comes up to me and touches my side directly on the bite mark.

I almost yelp in pain before growling again and snapping at his hand, scraping it. "Luna! How dare you bite me! What are you? Evil?" He says touching my side again.  This time, though, I yelp in pain as he puts pressure on it. I bite at him again as a growl rips through my throat, I bite at his leg and make contact, very shallow though. 

"Why I outta!" He shifts and lunges for my side, making contact and holding on. Monica lunges for him in human form and rips him off me, he tries to stay on which results in his teeth tearing down my side. "Alpha won't be happy," Taylor says before knocking him out.

And that is when I look down at my side to see blood pouring from it.

Then it all goes black

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyo! Hope y'all enjoyed!

Trust me it will makes since soon.

Imma not do a quote because I don't feel like looking for one, I'll do one later.

QOTC! Why do you think he attacked her?

Bye my Fabulous Potato Turtles!

Word Count!
Uhm.. it says I have seven words.... I'll fix this later at well