8. Brunettes and Blondes

I sigh as I throw the covers off me. four thirty, lovely, another nightmare. I get quickly changed and walk out into the hall, I hear voices as I step down the stairs. "Yeah, I feel really bad for her, I mean, she is a Luna and she can't even speak, I have a feeling that the pack might start going against her, it really sucks.." "Right? I won't though, I respect her, it isn't her fault."

The first voice scoffs, "yeah, well, I don't, Xavier doesn't deserve a mate like her, a dumb mute" I walk into he kitchen to see two girls, a blonde and a brunette, I hide my face and get some water. "They love each other, plus they're married," "well, he should get a divorce, what do you think?" I feel a tap on my shoulder and grab my notepad as I turn around. Well I think they are perfect together, but how could I know, I am just a dumb mute. I write with a glare on my face.

She doesn't look at me as she reads, her face turns to disgust then pure horror as she looks up at me. "L-Luna! Oh, we weren't talking about you!" Oh, is there a different Xavier in this pack? With a mute mate that just so happens to be Luna? If so, then I apologize greatly.

"Oh, uh... it wasn't me, it was her, she is the one that was talking bad about you," she says. Hmm, I remember you being the one to tap my shoulder, and her saying that she respects me, not you. I write and she glares at me. "Okay you little mute, I would tell you to shut your mouth, but you can't talk anyways, I don't want you to ever disrespect me again, got it?" I can do whatever the heck I want.

It happens in lightning speed, she reads what I wrote and her head jerks up, a glare planted firmly on her face, the she swings. I dodge and she lands a hit on my ribs, it hardly even hurt. I land one on her jaw and catch the fist that comes flying at me. She looks at me in fear before I spin her around putting her arm around her back and throw her to the ground, making her face-plant.

I look up and see Xavier standing in the middle on the doorway with shock written all over his face. I blow the hair out of my face and smile at him. "Xavier! She attacked me! She went haywire!" My smile falls as I look back down at her. Xavier does too, then a smile breaks out on his face, "nice one, Eclipse." The girls mouth falls open and her brown hair covers her face as I stand up.

"Lexi, can you give me the full story please?" He says looking over my shoulder at the blonde, well, Lexi." "Mhm, sure thing Alpha."

~~~~

After Lexi gave him the full story Xavier made it so the brunette, now known as Ava, couldn't leave the pack boundries for a week, she leaves a lot. "Sorry about that, Eclipse, she is insane," Lexi says with a laugh as she comes up beside me. I shake my head. It's fine. "No, it's not, it isn't your fault you're mute, sorry that happened by the way, I saw it, couldn't get there in time," I point to what I wrote before and she shakes her head. "No, it's not, but whatever," she says and I smile. What are you doing up so early? I ask, "well I could ask you the same thing, I was just getting something to drink."

Same. "By the way, why can't you link?" Well, I was shifted when it happened and my wolf was in part control, I honestly probably wouldn't be alive had she not been. I write and she nods, "makes sense, well, I'm going off to bed, night!" I mouth a 'night' to her before putting my glass down and walking outside, shifting as my feet hit the grass.

I love running. My wolf says as I jump over a fallen tree and land perfectly. Me too, I feel so free. Lets hope no rogue comes up to us this time. I say as I jump into the lake beside the cabin. The water engulfs me and I swim my way to the top. I paddle around for a minute before swimming to the edge and laying down in the water.

This feels nice. I say as the water goes through my fur. Yep! I laugh as I give my wolf control and she stands up and shakes off. Maybe we should make breakfast. She says as she looks at the sun. Sure. I say and she starts her way back too the pack house. I think bacon, annnndddd, waffles? He got a waffle iron...

Sure.

~~~~

Once I get to the pack house I walk inside and into the kitchen. I wonder how Kayden and Stella are... I say. I would hope good, we'll have to go check on them soon...

Half way through making breakfast Xavier, Taylor, and Cage come in a sit down, soon joined by Monica and Jake. Have any of y'all seen Josh around? I ask and they all shake their heads, but Jake. "Yeah, I've seen him around.." I eye him before writing. You haven't told him yet, have you? "Eh, no? I will, I promise, before the ceremony." "You do realize the ceremony is tomorrow, right?" Taylor says and he bites him lip, "I'll tell him later today, I'm just nervous.." I nod before getting back to work.

~~~~~

I wake up the next morning to find myself wrapped in blankets. I sigh as I kick them off me... I'll fix the bed later. I go into the bathroom and brush my teeth and hair before getting dressed in some ripped shorts, a grey tank top, and a pair of green converse. I walk downstairs to see Taylor and Monica talking. "Eclipse!" Taylor says when she sees me. "It's almost time to get ready!"

Oh crap.

The ceremony.

Well, time for my nerves to go haywire.