10. Pain

I watch the sun meet the horizon and decide to go back up to the pack house, I've been down here a while. I stand up and stretch out my legs before starting the journey to the pack house. That was nice, we needed that.  Dark says and I agree with her. I just hope Xavier isn't worried. I say back and she nods.

I break through the clearing and see the pack house. I shift as I get to the door and walk in. "Hey Luna," one of our pack warriors says as he passes me going through the door. I wave as I make my way upstairs. I want to take a shower but I think I'll let Xavier know I'm back first.

I walk up the stairs and pass our bedroom and Taylor's before opening the door to our office.

As soon as the door opens a gasp escapes my lips and I freeze on spot.

There is Xavier.

On the ground.

Bleeding out.

Movement seems to jolt back into my body and I run over to him. I lay his head on my lap and look for the wound. I find it on his side and hold pressure to it. "Eclipse," my head jolts from his wound to his face and my face fill with worry.

His normally tan face is as white as snow, and his normally bright eyes are dull. I rip my shift and try and warp it around the wound as tightly as possible, struggling to get it around his body. I then panic as I look for something to throw. My eyes land on a vase as I quickly grab it and throw it against the wall, where it shatters into a million pieces of glass, water, and flowers.

I look again and grab my mouse, throwing it at the wall where it breaks from the force.

Taylor's face slowly appears and shock fills her face as she bolts over to me. Get help, I don't want to move him. I mouth and she nods before standing up and bolting out of the room.

It seems like hours pass by but I know it was only minutes before Taylor reappears with the pack Doctor and a few warriors. "Okay, I need y'all to pick him up very carefully, as slowly and as steady as possible.

"Eclipse, hold his head up," I nod and get ready to stand as the warriors get at different parts of him. "At the same time, on three, one... two... three." We all pick him up and start making our way out the office.

~~~

I look to my right as I scrub the floor of our office, trying my hardest to get rid of the blood, he is in surgery right now. My eyes land on a piece of paper and I stop scrubbing. Its a small folded piece of paper. I unfold it and read it.

Looks like our distraction worked.

I gasp and stand up as the realization of what they mean hits me. I bolt out of the room and stuff the paper in my pocket as I go. I run downstairs and Taylor looks at me weirdly. "Eclipse what wro-" I wave my hand and soon hear footsteps behind me. "I linked Monica, I don't know what is wrong but.." I give a thumbs up as I bolt out the door and shift into my pitch black wolf, a lighter black one right behind me.

Soon I see a dark brown almost black wolf with a white tipped tail and left ear come up beside me. Whats wrong Eclipse? Her voice comes into my head and I look at her for a minute before looking straight ahead, realizing we made it to the cellars. "What are we doing here?" Taylor asks as we shift back. I give her a look as we walk in and she nods.

We are not met by a guard as we get there and that makes me pick up my pace to a sprint. I hear shouting and run towards it, hating where it brings me.

When I get there I see blood and three people laying on the ground covered in blood and cuts. I look at one of the guards. "Luna, we don't know what happened, all of a sudden rogues came busting into the cellar, they attacked the front guard and came straight here, no one is dead, but many are injured, they took the girl."

"Beth?" Monica asks and I hear a slight Delta tone, making me smile despite the situation. "Yes, they took Beth, we tried to stop them.. but no such luck," I nod my head. "Its okay, you did everything you could, get these wolves to the hospital stat, they don't look so good." Taylor says and I give her a grateful look. The guard nods and walks off.

I walk into the cell and immediately see a piece of paper on the ground. I pick it up and read it.

It seems to me you are still alive. I don't like that. You should have just died when I bit your neck. Your mate would still be safe then. I didn't really want to hurt him. But when my messenger told me that you were still alive, I was angry, so I went into your pack and attacked the first person I saw, that just so happened to be your mate.

Then I decided that I should free my master, so I did.

You really should have taken that first warning I gave you.

Now, down to business, if you don't bring yourself to me, I will kill more pack members. So, I'll see you soon, my little Eclipse.

Goodbye.

For now.

A growl rips through my body, and I am sure that I would have hunted down whoever this is right then and now had it not been for the link that then comes through. "Luna, he is awake."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked itttttt!

QOTC! What do you think of the book so far? Honest answers please!

Bye my Fabulous Potato Turtles!

Word count!
1022

It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends

                                                              -Dumbledor