Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Why the heck didn't you tell me Eclipse!?" He yells at me and I cringe. "They could have gotten infected! Were they causing you pain? They were weren't they! Dang it Eclipse why the heck can't you understand that you need to tell me this stuff! Oh that some of a b-"

"Alpha!" Alex yells, cutting his sentence off. "Calm down! You're scaring her!" She says and his eyes snap over to look at me, his features softening. "I'm sorry Eclipse," he says, stepping closer to me and wrapping his arms around me. "I'm just worried about you," I nod my head as he puts his head on my shoulder, inhaling my scent."why didn't you tell me?" He questions and I look down, Alex hands me the piece of paper and pen and I walk over to the counter, using it to write on the paper.
Because of the way you just reacted, I didn't want you to worry and I thought they would get better and go away.
"Eclipse I'm sorry I yelled, I guess I'm still annoyed about your brother and then the fact that you didn't tell me and you could have seriously gotten hurt just made me snap. Are you okay?" He questions, his eyes scanning over my body. I give him a forced smile and give him a lying nod of my head.

He smiles at me, "Good."
"I gave her a prescription for the pain, just take one pill in the morning and one at night, or if you're in pain. Eclipse I need you to come back in about a week so I can check the scars and make sure they don't get infected and are healing properly." I nod my head and Alex gives me a pained smile. "Okay, well I think you two can go. . Oh, and Eclipse? Trying going for a run, the fresh air and shifting into your wolf form should help you heal better, get out a bit, you were in there for a long time," She says, her pained smile returning. I smile at her and Xavier leads me out of the room.

"Eclipse? What about the other Witch that was there?" He says and I turn to him, my eyes examining the paper clasped in his hand and I realize it's the one I was using to write to Alex.

I give him a writing gesture and he hands me my notepad, I flip from the page I was using to talk to Cage and write. I knew her, she helped me a long time ago, when I was in my old pack, in fact, she saved my life. He stops walking and I stop as well, turning around to make eye contact with him. His eyes show pain and sorrow. "She saved your life? I wouldn't have you if it weren't for her?" He questions and I nod.
"Crap," He says before he begins walking again, we exit the two doctor's' office and step into the pack living space.

"We have to go to the cells Eclipse," He says picking up his pace and I stop for a moment before I realize why he seems so panicked. I catch up to him and snatch the notepad out of his hand. She's in there, isn't she? I question and he gives a quick look at the notepad, his eyes quickly scanning the words before cringing.
"I'm sorry Eclipse, I thought she was working for them, which I guess she was?" He questions and I nod. "Well, I didn't realize she was a friend of yours."
I know Elaine, she would never do anything to hurt someone is she didn't have a valid reason, I am sure they threatened her. I write and he nods before picking up the pace even more as we head outside and towards the pack cells.

He opens the door to the cells and gestures me in, as I enter the smell of blood and fear enter my senses and I cringe, it smelt like this in their cells, only ten times worse.

I walk down the steps with Xavier immediately behind me, the scents of many wolves enter my nose as I look into the cells of the first floor, some being empty and some not.
"She's at the end, I think her scent is masked," he says and I nod my head.
I remember that first time we met I found it curious that she didn't have a scent, now I know that witches can mask theirs very easily.

"Why did they have our Luna locked up?" We hear someone yell and a loud noise.
"I don't know! I swear!" I hear Elaine scream and pick up my pace.
I come up to one of the interrogation rooms, looking through the small square window on the door I see Elaine cuffed to a table with two wolves on the opposite side of her, one standing up, his chair lost behind him, his hands planted firmly on the table.

I swing the door open and three pair of eyes snap to me. "Luna? What are you doing here?" The standing one asks, turning away from Elaine. Idiot, you never turn away from who you're interrogating without stepping away from them.

I feel Xavier come in behind me. "Uncuff her," Xavier states and both of the wolves and Elaine look at him confused.
"But Alpha," a growl passes through my lips and both of their heads snap to me, while Elaine's eyes never left me.
"Yes Alpha, yes Luna." They say bowing their heads before the sitting one fishes keys out of his pocket and walks over to Elaine, inserting the key into each cuff and releasing her.
She rubs her wrist lightly, "those were really freaking tight," she snarls and they both whip their heads towards her. "Watch your tone," the one that was standing since we walked in says and I growl at him again, causing his head to bow again.

"You both can go," Xavier says and the nod before walking past us and leaving the room.
"Eclipse. . " she trails off, walking around the table.
"I'm so sorry!" She yells before she runs up to me, wrapping her arms around my shoulders.
I stand frozen for a moment, my eyes wide and mouth slightly agape, my arms hanging loosely at my sides.
Xavier growls behind me and I hear him step forward slightly.
I let out a small breath I was holding in and left my arms to wrap around her back.
"I'm so sorry Eclipse. They threatened me, they threatened my sisters life," she cries out.
"I would have never done it! I swear, I would have never done it if it weren't that my sisters life hung in the balance." She cries, fighting her grip.

Suddenly she pulls away from me, taking a step back and placing her hands on my shoulders as my hands fall from her back.
Her eyes trace over my face for a moment before landing on my eyes.
"Your voice. . Can you. . ?" I shake my head lightly and tears begin to form at her eyes again.

"Oh my god. It's all my fault! I'm so sorry Eclipse! If I hadn't-" I cut her off by placing a hand on her shoulder, I shake my head lightly.
'Its okay' I mouth and she shakes her head roughly.
"No! It's not okay! It's not okay. . "
I turn around to look at Xavier and he nods.
"Elain? Eclipse told me how you scared her life all those years ago, and she knows you would never do anything to hurt anyone unless threatened, I'm sure I can speak truthfully for Eclispe when I say that she forgives you," he says, a small smile gracing his lips.
I turn away from Xavier to look at Elain and nod.

"I'm still sorry," she says quietly and I laugh lightly and nod.
"Come on Elain, we'll get you some food." Xavier says and I nod before grabbing her hand and tugging her out of the interrogation room.

What'd you guys think?
Hope you liked it, sorry it took me so long to post.
(Go check out my new book "The Restrained Mind Of A Huntress"?)

Anyways.

Bye my Luna's!

Word Count
1384

Don't judge someone when you don't know who they are or what they have been through.
                                      -Unknown