15. Home

Growling.

That's what I hear as I become coherent. My eyes fly open and I bolt up, almost falling off of Vanessa. "Look! We mean no ha-"

"Shut up you mutt!" One of my pack members bite at Liam. I bolt up and get in front of him, putting my arms out and growling.

That's when I hear a growl that racks through my whole body. I whip my head around to see Xavier coming out of the pack house, his eyes pure black. "Alpha! They have our Luna!" His eyes immediately turn back to their normal color and he bolts down the stairs to me.

Once he gets to me he engulfs me in a hug and breaths in my scent, my scent that is probably hardly even there. Xavier. I link to him as I breath in deeply. He lets go of me and, putting his hands on my shoulders, looks me in the eyes. "Did you?" I nod my head. Only with adrenaline. He nods his hand and hugs me again.

"Um.. Eclipse?" I hear Jack say and Xavier's head immediately snaps in his direction, his eyes turn black as they narrow in on him. "Whoa, hey, we don't mean any harm-" Liam says.  Xavier's head snaps in his direction and he releases another growl. Oh dear goddess.

He lets go of me and stalks towards Liam. "Why did you have my mate." Liam wiggles his finger between me and Xavier. "Oh, I see, that makes perfect sense." I laugh at him before stepping in front of him and making eye contact with Xavier.

Stand down. I link even though it hurts. I feel my link bounce off his walls. Dang him! He doesn't want me to talk him out of it!

He lets out a low growl as he walks closer to us. I back up making Liam back up as well.

If it wasn't for Liam I wouldn't be out of there. 

If it wasn't for Vanessa and Jack, I wouldn't be out of there.

Do it.

"Stand down, Xavier." My voice is as quiet as still water. Those three words send horrid, absolute horrid, amounts of pain through my body. But they were words. I'm not sure I can ever do that again, the pain is that of getting shot, but I think it might be worse.

Xavier immediately stops in his tracks as his eyes go back to normal. "Eclipse!" I hear a voice that is faintly familiar call my name. I turn my head to see Kayden, Stella, and Cage. "I find it quite rude that you didn't come visit me!" He says with a smile on his face. They all three come down the stairs and over to us. "Calm down, Xavier." Cage says poking his shoulder. Xavier growls but smiles. "I've linked Taylor, let's go inside," Cage says as he looks at Vanessa who closes her eyes for a second before opening them again.

I walk up to her and wrap my arm around her back. "Hey! Eclipse! Glad you're finally back!" An annoying voice enters my ears. "I told you to leave my land weeks ago!" Xavier growls out. "Yeah, well I didn't want to." Joshua says as he comes up behind me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I flinch away from his hand in disgust and fear before spinning on my heel, balling my hand so its in a fist, and connecting it with his face. I then turn back around, put my arm back behind Vanessa, and make my way to the porch and in the house.

~~~~~~

"So, you helped my mate escape?" Xavier asks Liam and he nods, "I assume," he says. "Well, then, thank you very much Liam, you are welcome to join my pack." "Even though I was part of the rogue "pack" that hurt your mate?" Liam asks looking down. Xavier sighs. "Now, I will be keeping a very close eye on you for quite a while, but, you helped Eclipse escape and left them, as long as you stay good, you are free to join this pack," Xavier says and Liam nods. "Yes, Alpha," He says.