Twenty-One ~ Flashbacks

My side slams into the ground and I roll, my back slamming against the wall, air forcing past my lips from my lungs.

"You're pathetic," my grandfather spits at me. "Tie her up, Elijha."

"You haven't shifted yet?" He question andshake my head as I look through the swaying leaves unto the star filled night sky. "I'm only eight," I say softly as a tear escapes my eye, my right side searing in pain.

"That's true," he says throwing a small piece of grass at me from where he is sitting up.

"Little queen?" He questions and I face towards him. "Yes?" I question. "Why do you stay at your pack?"

I let out a sigh as another tear escapes, leaving a trail down my cheek.

"I've grown up there, I might get treated badly-"

"Terribly," he cuts in.

"Badly, but I have no where else to go."

He lets out a quiet sigh. "You could always be with me." He says quietly.

"You don't have a home, and I can't shift, you would have to take care of me. I'm fine at my pack." I state.

"Little queen, no you're not. They shouldn't do what they do to you. I'm worried for you."

"Why do you call me that?" I quickly change the subject. "Call you what?" He says, throwing another piece of grass at me, plucking another one from the ground to twirl between his fingers.

"Little queen."

"I don't know, it just suits you I guess."

"How so? I'm a stupid Omega, how could "queen" suit me?"

"Little queen," he corrects.

"Fine, how could little queen suit me?"

"It just does, and you're no stupid Omega."

"I am."

"I'm not doing this with you."

"Because you know I'm right."

"No little queen, not because you're right, because you are impossible to argue with."

"I'm an omega, and I'm stupid."

"Little queen I swear!" I hear movement and feel him lay next to me.