Chapter Nine.A Year Without Rain.

Edited.

Song for this chapter: Selena Gomez-A Year Without Rain. (childhood!)

I didn't notice just how good Grayson's car smelled, it was a mixture of his scent that was on his denim jacket which I have now claimed ownership of and a scent of the rain after it falls. It was a mixture of comforting and arousal.Like the calmness after a storm. My head was rested on the arm rest as I slowly closed my eyes, bathing myself in the scent.

I must have fell asleep just then by the comforting scent of his car since when I opened my eyes, I was on my living room couch with a thin blanket over me.

What?

How did I get here? 

Was I just dreaming?

It felt too real to be just a dream, and I actually hoped it wasn't just my imagination.The sun was peeking through the thick brown curtains which had a tear along the hems of them, rubbing my eyes and stretching my arms, I walked over the window opening the curtains. Green leaves were glistening on the trees from the rain left on them from last night, the sky still swirling grey.I was still in my clothes from last night but my heels were neatly placed beside the front door. I definitely didn't do that, or not that remember.

Walking into the kitchen to cook some breakfast for Gabriela, I looked up at the cheap yellow clock that was hung up slanted on the kitchen wall above the window, I seen it read 10.34am. Making a quick batch of pancakes and placing them on two plates, one for me aswell. I opened the fridge and took out the whipped cream squirting it on top of our pancakes then lastly put a few crunchy m&ms on hers while I put some broken up honeycomb pieces on mine.

I walked up the stairs quietly,being careful not to wake Jackson. He isn't the nicest person when he's hungover, and i'm not even sure if he came home last night. For all I know, he could have slept at Olivia's house, that is if she wasn't already sleeping with someone else.

I walked into Gabriela and I's shared room, walking inside I walked over to her bed that was at the far end of the room at the window over looking the crappy neighbourhood we lived in. I didn't see her in her bed, which was no surprise considering she always sleeps with her head under the duvet.

Pulling back the duvet, panic started to rise within me when she wasn't there. Pulling at my hair, I took in a deep breath, thinking where she could be. Check the bathroom. I jogged into the bathroom not caring how loud I was, but seen it was empty. Resting my hands on the sink, I looked at myself in the mirror, taking in deep breaths.

Think Libby, think.

And that's when it hit me, she was at Bella's house. I let out a relieved breath, and dramatically wiped the sweat off my forehead. I walked back downstairs not letting the perfectly good pancakes go to waste, it's not like I could afford to let them go to waste anyways. Devouring my pancakes in a few bites, I got a clean class from the wooden cabinet and filled it with tap water and gulped it down.

Walking back upstairs, I knocked on Jackson's door hearing him groan from the other side. I knocked again not walking inside, not knowing what the hell I'd walk into. After a few more loud knocks Jackson opened the door looking like hell, his hair dishevelled, standing shirtless in front of me, gesturing for me to speak.

I cleared my throat, disgusted to be seeing him shirtless. If it was any other guy in front of me shirtless, I wouldn't be able to resist him, but this was my brother

Just put on a shirt already.

″There's pancakes downstairs, I made them for Gabriela forgetting she wasn't here″.