Chapter Nineteen.The Truth.

Edited.

Song for this chapter: Tom Odell-Heal.

Grayson was dropping me home after I had gotten all of the information I needed, he could tell something was off with me ever since the bell rang signalling for us to go home. He could read me like an open book as I could him, but I assured him I was okay and just had a headache. I wasn't exactly lying to him, I did in fact have a headache from all the different amount of possibilities swarming my head like bees in a beehive. But it wasn't why I was acting...off.

That was for a whole other reason that I was hoping to find out very soon. I pecked Grayson's lips and then unbuckled my seat belt. I was about to open the car door but Grayson stopped me by placing his hand over mine.

I looked over at him with furrowed brows and a small smile on my lips. He looked at me, his eyes saying it all. He was concerned, ''Lib, what's going on?'' He asked me, rubbing circles on the palm of my hand with his big hand.

I plastered a fake smile on my face and shook my head slightly, ''Nothing, Gray. I just have a headache and want to take a nap'' I lied straight through my teeth like an Oscar winning actress. 

I hated lying to him, but I couldn't tell him I possibly might have lost my memory and I obviously can't remember how. I know he wouldn't think I was crazy, but I wanted my questions to be answered...explained first before I tell him.

He sighed out a breath and shook his head disappointingly, ''Lib, please don't shut me out. I can tell there is something wrong with you, ever since you called Blake out of the meeting you've been acting strange'' He stated matter of factly,his voice sounded pained and hurt and it killed me to hear him like that. I knew I couldn't keep up my lies for much longer.

He was catching on quickly and it was just a matter of time before he found out so I rather tell him sooner than later. Before I could blurt it all out he placed his two warm hands on my cheeks and looked deeply into my eyes. ''Please'' He cried out.

I sighed and nodded my head slowly, his whole face brightened as he kissed my forehead and whispered out a small , ''Thank you''.

I took in a breath as I prepared myself to tell him something I didn't even know the answers to myself but was hopeful to soon receive once I walked in my house.

He gave me an encouraging smile as I began, ''Well, since I was first introduced to Blake or what I was thought was our first introduction''.

 Grayson had his forehead creased at my words but I continued, ''He was always cold towards me or wouldn't acknowledge my presence when we were sitting at the same table with Becca and the girls''.

Grayson gestured for me to continue with a small smile, ''So this morning, after you had just left he-'' It wasn't me who stopped my talking this time but Grayson, he jaw was clenched but his eyes were filled with worry as he placed his two soft hands on my face again and examined it like a science project, leaving me confused.

''He didn't hurt you, did he? I swear if-''.

 ''No, No'' I exclaimed, slightly shaking my head. He let out a breath of relief as he relaxed back down in his leather chair but still held his eyes on mine.

''You'd tell me if someone did anything to you, right?'' He questioned, I nodded my head agreeably.

 ''Of course'' I answered him with a reassuring smile.

And that was another reason as to why I loved this man. He was gentle with me, caring, loving, soothing, he was everything you could possibly dream for and more as a little girl who wishes for her Prince Charming.