Chapter Forty Seven. I will snap your legs in two.

Edited.

Song for this chapter: Rag'n'Bone Man-Human.

It was Wednesday, meaning there were only two days before SAT' and three until prom. The atmosphere in school has changed drastically, the people who use to look sweet and innocent were now mirroring the same appearance as someone high on drugs, with drained skin, bags under their eyes and red washed sclera's from a high intake of coffee.

The halls were quite, eerie almost.The only sound to be heard was the light sips of someone drinking coffee, the sighs of another student walking passed or the slamming of a locker in frustration.

Classes hadn't been the same anymore, lectures were finished and instead each and every class was a study class with teachers sitting down on their fine leather chairs as they lay back scrolling through their dry social medias waiting for the plague of students to call them over for tips and answers.

And I hated to admit it, but I too was one of those students.

''Let loose, Libby'' Becca rejoiced, holding onto my shoulders and shaking me like a rag doll. ''If you keep putting so much pressure on yourself to succeed you're only going to be disappointed you didn't get the highest scores in the world''.

We were all sitting down together at lunch, no Grayson or Blake to be seen as they were currently with the rest of the football team discussing whatever it is they talk about. Girls, balls, parties?

I don't know how Becca and the rest of the girls besides Kimberly who were mirroring me and the population of the school, weren't anxious in the slightest.

I mean, these tests were going to determine out future, if we are good enough to lead happy, successful lives with the job we only dreamed of having, the life we only dreamed of leading. I guess they were confident within themselves to get top grades for their dream college without having to act like a zombie for the next two days.

I groaned in response to her, leaning my head on the table top not caring about germs or hygiene. ''I was up six hours last night studying and writing notes, if my brain hasn't been fried yet it definitely will be by Friday''.  Slowly, but surely.

''You see, Libby'' Brittney pointed out, ''That's why you aren't going to be able to concentrate on Friday, if you continue on like this. Statistics prove the people who come into tests nervous get lower results compared to the people who showed up as normal as one can be on one of the most important days of their lives''.

It sounded easier said than done, I have been thinking of this day since I first stepped foot into this creaky high school. I have been preparing myself to the most of my ability and sadly now I guess I was going overboard. Six hours on top of homework which is written study and studying in school was bizarre.

''You're right'' I sighed making her smile proudly, her eyes gleaming with achievement. 

''I am''.

''She's right, Libby'' Kimberly complied with her sister, ''Our Mom was so nervous for hers she did so badly she had to retake it the next year''.

I gulped nervously praying that wouldn't be the case for me if I just let loose like Becca insisted. Hopefully, I was able to. When I go home i'll let myself do the talking then.

''Okay since you need to relax, we should go to Frizzi's after school'' Becca suggested, my mouth watering at the mere thought of their food. I was addicted to their food, but Angie's cafe would always hold a special place in my heart for her baked goods.

Especially her brownies. 

Now that I thought about it, what was Gray going to do with her cafe? I hadn't brought it up earlier because I didn't want to upset him so I guess I would wait until after prom to ask him about that. If my nosiness would stay at bay until then that is.