Chapter Eleven. What Are You Doing To Me?

Edited.

Song for this chapter: ColdPlay-Paradise (loving the thumbnail they used. Also, does anyone else think of Skam's Noora and William whilst listening to this song cause I sure as hell do)

Trying to sleep last night was like trying to find a needle in a haystack, extremely hard but not impossible. I mentally thanked myself for buying coffee, which I doubled this morning. I couldn't stop the thoughts from running through my head over yesterdays events, I kept twisting and turning in bed which ended up with me staring up at the stained white ceiling for God knows how long. 

Somehow, Grayson managed to get my phone number and text me with apologies at least once an hour. I had to turn off my phone at 4 am.I guess that also plays a factor as to why I couldn't sleep last night. 

Coming back into my eerily quiet house after making sure Gabriela got safely on the bus, I walked into the kitchen where I left my coffee in its thermal mug on the wooden counter.Seeing me walk in, Jackson gave me a slight nod not taking his eyes off his phone, which he bought with the money he's making from working at Target.

I sat myself in front of him since I had roughly five minutes before I needed to start walking to school. Taking small sips from coffee and scrolling through my phone, Jackson cleared his throat making me look up at him with a raised brow. 

''Yes?'' I asked in monotone, looking back down at my phone. Beyonce is having twins?

''That Grayson guy, what's up with you two?'' He asked me curiously, wiggling his brows suggestively. I nearly spit out my coffee in his face.

''Nothing'' I shrugged, ''We're just...friends''. Would I consider us 'friends'? I know he has a great personality and isn't too bad on the eye but him attacking Hunter made me see him in a whole new light.

''He's a good person, Libby'' Jackson told me. It sort of shocked me hearing Jackson speak so...positively over someone. Usually he's doing the exact opposite. ''He told me what happened yesterday, you should forgive him. He was only looking out for you''.

What is it with people thinking i'm a child? Why do people always say that they were only looking out for me. I wouldn't be surprised if someone pushed me in front of a bus and said 'I was only looking out for you'.

''Like I told him, I can look after myself'' I scoffed, getting off the rock hard wooden chair and swinging my school bag over my shoulder.

Walking out of the kitchen leaving Jackson with a scowl on his face. I opened the front door and what I seen made me mouth gape open, in a mixture of shock and annoyance.

There stood Grayson, leaned up against his Mercedes, an apologetic smile on his face. He had on a grey snapback, a black hoodie, black jeans, white vans and of course what I've grown to love: his glasses. Crossing my arms, I walked over to him, the look of regret clear in his eyes as I came closer.

''What do you want?'' I sighed, no emotion on my voice. But I did have to admit that I was just slightly happy that he has shown up, he's putting up a fight...for me.

He's going to regret that one day.

''Well, you weren't texting me back'' He told me sounding a little upset, but was still smiling with that smile I've grown accustomed to. ''And I wanted to apologise...in person''.

I looked at him with uncertainty, raising a brow at him.Should I let him apologise? Or should I never speak to him again. I could either be missing out on a once in a lifetime opportunity...or be dodging a bullet.