Chapter Forty.Pinky Promise.

Edited.

Song for this chapter: Tom Walker-Leave a Light On.

I was sitting at the lunch table with the three blondes and Becca as we discussed everything from what we did on the weekend to making plans for Friday night. Evidently, I decided to keep me and Grayson's wild night to myself knowing just how crazy they would react.

''Lib you've been acting weird lately'' Kimberley spoke up with a curious glance aimed my way.

I shook my head trying to play it cool, ''Me?'' I asked innocently trying to play dumb, ''I'm just hungry'' I lied straight through my teeth grabbing a bunch of fries in my hand and chewing on them like some food monster- Like Stacey.

The girls all looked between themselves like they were sending messages to each other with their bright eyes before turning their directions towards me with smirks on all of their artificial lips.

''What exactly did you and Grayson do this weekend, Libby?'' Brittney asked sneakily.

I leaned back in my seat, looking down at my tray. They knew! I obviously didn't tell them, and I knew Grayson didn't tell them so obviously I mustn't be acting right.

Before I worked up the courage to finally give up and give them all the details they were waiting impatiently for, a tray smacking down on the lunch table in front of me beside the blondes nearly knocked me right out of my seat.

Instantly looking up I was met with the ocean blue eyes of Blake. I hadn't seen him since meeting Grayson's parents and finding out that he was surprisingly my boyfriend's first cousin.

I guess my life was turning into a cliche teen flick.

BORING!

The table now went quiet, no one uttering out a word. The muffled voices of people from other tables were heard and the laughs from the football team and Gray, but besides that I was drowning in the quietness, the awkwardness.

''So'' He breathed out looking between everyone but quickly diverted his eyes away from mine when they met and coughed falsely to cover it up. So we're playing that game now?

''What are you girls up to?''.

His words were directed towards all of us but I knew it was for the three blondes and Becca and not me. Things between us weren't the same and I had to admit that I hated it.

I finally had a friend that I actually knew all my life, sure I don't remember him but I still had him and that little memory of him pushing me on the swing was enough for me to hold onto.

It was enough to tell myself to keep fighting for our friendship and I would eventually, but right now we just needed time apart to cool down and for him to get over the fact that I choose Grayson. I always would.

''I don't know, Blake'' Becca drawled on, I widened my eyes at her begging her not to say a word.

I sighed in relief when she held up her hands in surrender, ''Why don't you ask Becca what she did with her boyfriend over the weekend?'' Stacey giggled.

I glared at her, grabbing the half eaten apple off my tray and throwing right at her pretty little head.

''Ow'' She groaned rubbing her forehead, I couldn't help but laugh at her nearly falling off her plastic chair, ''Libby, what-''.

She couldn't finish her sentence before she was cut off, ''What did you and Grayson do over the weekend, Libby'' Blake seethed my name, the girls all looked at him weirdly for seeming so enraged.

I wasn't surprised he was angry but he needed to tone it down a little. Of course when you find out the person you like slept with your cousin, you aren't going to be all happy happy and filled with joy-From personal experience I would be angry, sad and disappointed that it wasn't me but at least I understood where to draw the line.