Chapter Forty-Five.Campfire Talks.

Edited.

Song for this chapter: Zac Efron and Zendaya-Rewrite the stars.

Fire, Marshmallows, Chocolate.

It was a spontaneous idea brought up by Becca as we sat together with the rest of our 'gang' at a booth in Frizzi's. We had our finals coming up soon just after graduation and prom, I guess she wanted us to enjoy ourselves before we would be stressed to the nines studying until we couldn't keep our eyes open anymore.

The three blondes said they knew the perfect camping spot since it's a tradition every year for them and their Parents to go camping together and shocking me they also had a younger brother named Luke who also tagged along. He was around Gabriela and Bella's age.

And that was how we ended up in the middle of nowhere, grabbing boxes from Grayson and Kimberly's cars to set up the camping spot and put up our tents. I would be sharing with Grayson, Kimberly with Jackson who sadly was invited, Becca with Stacey, Brittney with a guy she met in her calculus class and Blake insisted he stay by himself since he brought his own tent.

After arranging the spot in the middle of hundreds of pine trees and sighing in relief when it was all set up, I couldn't help myself but gaze at the beautiful view in front of my very own two eyes. If my phone camera wasn't a potato, the picture would have been tumblr worthy.

''It's great isn't it?'' A high pitched voice commented from beside me.

I nodded in agreement, ''Yeah, beautiful'' I breathed out breathlessly to Brittney.

''My Mom and Dad found this place when they were teenagers and used to go here on there anniversary every year, it's become a tradition since''.

''You don't mind other people using your special spot?'' I asked, knowing I wouldn't be the first to invite people to Gray and I's special place somewhere only we know.

She shook her head and giggled, ''I know what you're thinking, I wasn't all cheery about it at first. But then I realised that other people should get to enjoy somewhere as beautiful as this. It's something you wouldn't want to miss''.

I smiled at her words, still looking on towards the glassy lake in front of me surrounded by water lilies, the sun hitting off the dark blue like a mirror. It was a sight to hold, Brittney excused herself when Stacey called her name from behind us. The chatter and ruffling of moving boxes soon came to a stop when everyone had their stuff sorted.

 ''Hey, Libby. Come over here'' Becca called waving me over, I smiled and made my way over to the fold up chairs in a circle in front of a bunch of wood that would soon turn to a campfire when the sun hid behind the hills. 

A bunch of beer was in an ice box, but I dismissed it and opting for a soda instead. Alcohol and I don't really have the best of memories together. I sat down on one of the chairs beside Becca.

Where the hell were the guys?

There was no sight of any of them, not even the one Brittney invited. I furrowed my brows and took a peak behind my chair for even a head of brown hair to be seen, but came to no avail.

''They're going to fetch more wood'' Stacey informed me, noticing my curious eyes.

I smiled at her grateful that my boyfriend wasn't just kidnapped by his cousin and a random guy I haven't been introduced to yet. But let's face it, I think Gray could take them both down...blindfolded. I think Blake would put up a good fight though.

''Thanks''.

She smiled in return, taking a sip of her coca cola. I guess I wasn't the only one not in the mood for alcohol this fine evening.