Chapter Twenty Six.Only Time Will Tell.

Edited.

Song for this chapter: Jessie Ware-Say You Love Me. (I actually created a spotify playlist for this  book using all the songs for this chapter in it. Check it out if you want to my spotify is:  spotify:user:11147031237 

My head was still rested on his hard chest, my nose inhaling his masculine smell of pine trees and cotton. His fingers were now running through my hair which comforted me, my eyes were heavy, my breaths slowing but I knew not to fall asleep. Not yet at least, not here.

''That's why I couldn't give up on you'' His voice murmured from behind my ear softly, sending chills down my spine.

''What do you mean?'' I questioned, leaning my head on my hand as my elbow rested on the ground. 

''You were my second chance, Lib'' He answered. ''I messed up the first time and I knew with you it would be a challenge to get through your bad act but I didn't give up, and I found the real you''. He placed his warm hand on my cheek, looking adoringly into my eyes, ''You gave me that second chance I searched longingly for, Lib''.

A shy smile made its way onto my lips, my hair falling in front of my face as I looked down. I wasn't a shy girl, but Grayson also knew the right words to say to make me as shy as Bella from Twilight but unlike her I actually showed some emotion sometimes.

''I lo-'' To my dismay he stopped his words and let out a sigh as he diverted his eyes away from my once hopeful ones and looked up at the glistening stars.

Now my nosiness was uncontrollable, my interest at peek. Was he going to say what I think he was? Did the Grayson Smith love me too?

I wanted for him to say the words so badly, even if only in a whisper.He didn't have to scream it from the rooftops. Just three simple words would put my mind to rest, my excitement was heightened at the possibility that he too loves me.

With Grayson all my worries and anxiety simply fades away. Everything that has been going on lately no longer is banging in my head like a sledgehammer. I don't know how he does it, it's his bright aura that captivates me and makes me think of nothing else than him, us.

''We should get going, by the time we get back you'll only have time to go to your locker'' Grayson commented as he abruptly stood up, wiping off his jeans and giving me his hand.

I took it without a second thought and stood up myself, wiping off any dirt that got on my clothes from sitting down on the bare dusty ground. 

''Probably a good idea'' I remarked. ''What time is it anyways?'' I asked curiously, time seems to fade quickly with Gray, alongside my thoughts. So I wouldn't be surprised if we were here three hours, more or less.

He rolled up the sleeve to his jumper to check the time on his gold watch that looked like it would cost my entire tuition for every semester spent in school since starting.

My eyes widened a bit, my brows furrowed, my head going dizzy. 

Don't you just hate when you get deja vu? I never really was a fan of that's so Raven. I don't want to be her sometimes out of the blue.

''You okay, Lib?'' Grayson asked concernedly, I nodded my head. 

''Yeah, sorry'' I sighed, ''just got a bit of deja vu''.

He lifted up a brow at me, ''What was it?'' He asked.

I really didn't plan on asking him about the tattoo, he didn't bring it up for a reason and I didn't want to ask about things he wasn't yet ready to tell me about.